• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine builder recommendation for SF Bay area?

68 Sport Satellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you who were very kind in helping me select my aftermarket trans outfit - (I'm going with CRT all the way) and now I'm looking for a good turnkey engine builder that's as close as possible to San Jose, CA where I live. I've talked to a few machine shops, one does it all and one is strictly mopar, but I'm still not getting the warm fuzzies.

Can you chime in on a turnkey engine shop in the San Francisco Bay Area that really knows mopars and can build me a good 451 stroker from a 400 block for the street without breaking the bank? A lot of these places I talk to are so focussed on racing, I'm not sure I'll get what I want. I do want to take it to the track a few times a year and would like to be close to 500hp, but I will be on the street driving it 99% of the time and driving it often.

Did you ever find a good engine builder between San Fran. and San Jo. Looking to build a 440 and a 340.

Auto Transport Service
Back