• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine compartment paint SS or BC/CC

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
Getting ready to spray my engine compartment this weekend (still a touch more work to do). The plan was to do the engine bay and inside the trunk with SS. The engine bay will be epoxy primed before painting. My question is, what is better SS or BC/CC. Maybe one takes the heat better IDK so I figured I would ask those smarter than I am on this subject.
100_8589.JPG

I have done both and they both work great. The key is getting it to match. If your going base clear on the exterior I would use the same mixed batch of paint for the engine compartment, jams, and trunk.

I've got 2 black cars and did both engine bays with single stage but doing a color like yours, I would do the base coat clear coat .

Thanks Appears there is no downside to BC/CC, and it easier for me to spray all at once; so BC/CC it is.

Auto Transport Service
Back