• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Explosion on United Airlines Flight

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
IMG_20210220_165808_295-300x200.jpg
https://breaking911.com/breaking-plane-debris-falls-from-sky-in-broomfield-colorado/

Last edited:
That would be the ultimate mancave decoration. Great conversation starter. Unfortunately it's FAA property and will be retrieved for failure analysis testing.

A picture is worth a thousand words though.

That inlet ring weighed a couple thousand. Lucky nothing got hit with that. Catastrophic engine failure is so unusual. Thus two engine aircraft are all that are made anymore.

That inlet ring weighed a couple thousand. Lucky nothing got hit with that. Catastrophic engine failure is so unusual. Thus two engine aircraft are all that are made anymore.
Exactly. Overengineered is a good thing.

Glad it’s flight path was north/west and not south out of DIA!

I had to laugh when I saw the Kevlar safety belting laying in the intersection!
Now I'm reading it was a Pratt & Whiney 4000.

Last edited:
The planes are still the best built in the world! Boeing that is! I never liked the idea of 2 engines. Nor do i like the idea of fly by wire. Hydraulics and cables are still safer.

The planes are still the best built in the world! Boeing that is! I never liked the idea of 2 engines. Nor do i like the idea of fly by wire. Hydraulics and cables are still safer.
I remember when they introduced the 777, she had a tour before they were put online. She told me that she thought that 2 engines for such a large airplane was scary. That was a little over 5 years ago.

It's nut's why would you ever do that? Sure the new engines are better and bigger and push more air but the longest safest record was the 727 with 3 engines they could land with one. They were small planes.

It's nut's why would you ever do that? Sure the new engines are better and bigger and push more air but the longest safest record was the 727 with 3 engines they could land with one. They were small planes.
I would think that 4 smaller engines would be more efficient.

Auto Transport Service
Back