• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine mounts

theman440

Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
I've got a '74 charger with a 318, it has the spool type mounts. Are there any adapters to put a 400 in it? Can you use the hardware from a late 70's Cordoba with a 400? Any help apprecieated.

Be careful with the exhaust. The 73/74 small block cars had different inner fenders and factory BB exhaust doesn't fit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip - planning on using headers, got any recommendations?

Sorry, no. Both my gen 3 chargers are SB, and will stay that way.
I had entertained using 71/72 AMD inner fenders to fix the 74, where someone used a sledge to try to make a BB fit. A friend had expensive Hokes and couldn't get them to work in his 73 RR with a BB transplant.

Big block cars has a larger cut out on the passenger side and a rubber flap that you can buy from year one.

I have a dimensional pattern or the cutout that I took from a 73 RR 440 car and cut my inner fender out from the wheel side - it was easy and no issues.

If you need it assuming that your car is the same as the 73 RR, PM me your email address and i will send you the PDF of it.

thanks Ralph

You may also check TTI or Schumacer...they both might have headers that would work.

Auto Transport Service
Back