• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine purchase question

cbodybob

Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
Last night I was talking with a fellow racer who just recently sold his car. He is getting out of racing due to health reasons & medical bills & I suppose his age too. He still has a lot of parts & offered to sell me his spare engine. It's 383 B motor. He said this was the engine he ran for a few years untill he built his Indy RB. He said it ran 7 flat in the eighth mile in 3000 pound Barracuda. Steel heads, Stock bore & stroke. Milidon pan with external lines. He said Bob give me $500 bucks & come get the dang thing. I want it gone. Hasent run in 7-8 years. I told him Id come look at it Saturday or Sunday afternoon. He's always been straight with me. Even let me run the 6 second Cuda once. I ran the numbers on that Wallace calculator. I'm comming up with 420-430 horse. That sounds like a lot for a 383. He's always told me the car ran 7 0's with that motor. Either way I think it's worth the $500

Uh, yeah! the Milidon pan & lines/pump are worth that. the rest is bonus.

Bring him $500 and a case of beer,,,,,or PiZZa,,,,,,or a bottle or SOMETHING!!!!

highmnm.jpg

A friend of mine says I'm a chebbie guy in disguise because I'm always finding MOPAR stuff at chebbie prices. Hahaha

IMG_5531.JPG
IMG_5532.JPG
IMG_5533.JPG
I finally got time to go over & get the engine. It also has an Oberg filter on it. It's sitting in my shop now

IMG_5716.JPG
IMG_5718.JPG
IMG_5717.JPG
IMG_5715.JPG
IMG_5719.JPG
I went back over to my buddy's place today & got all of this stuff for $125 bucks. To front drag wheels , ladder bar set up , CSR electric water pump , stock big block oil pan with baffles. Electronic 383/400 distributor , trans brake button, nice wheel spacers, 1 BB valve cover. WOW not a bad deal.

Auto Transport Service
Back