• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Wiring Harness: 1968 Charger and Fury Interchange?

6T8 Charger

Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
With regards to the bulkhead wiring plugs, I took the 3 speed wiper from 1968 Plymouth Fury III (C body) and plugged it into my 1968 Dodge Charger (B body) and the wipers worked, changed speeds and even parked. So that's good.
Now, will the Fury engine and headlight wiring harnesses work with the Charger? I know the starter relay, voltage regulator and resistor are located along the left fender on the Fury while they're located along the firewall with the Charger, however, it looks like the different wires are a match as they enter into the bulkhead. I've read that wiring harnesses DON'T interchange but my theory is that is because of the relay, regulator and resistor locations only. Could these be relocated to firewall by extending a few wires of the Fury wiring harness? I'm gonna try.

Last edited:
The plugs should be the same. Wiring locations in the plug could be different. They can be moved. Component locations can vary. If it were me I would have all components mounted. Open the harness, modify as needed and re-tape. As far as the headlight harness they are completely different. Charger had a two part lighting harness. There again you can modify as needed. Wont be original but will work.

Auto Transport Service
Back