• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Engines for sale/trade 361-383-400

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBass

Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a running 361 in my Charger that I am selling. This was a fresh overhaul when I bought it and still has low miles. The guy I bought it from left it filled with water after he got it built then it froze and cracked. I have checked the plugs and compression several times and can say that I am 99% certain there is no internal fractures. I have been driving the car for several years this way and it runs like a champ. I have just patched the external cracks as needed to keep it going. Currently still in my car but being replaced soon. $300

I also have a low mileage 383 with 346 heads that a friend sold me from his car. I believe this is a '69 block. (ID Pad pictured below) Nothing at all is wrong with this 383. He just wanted to install a 440 in his car. I wanted to put this one in place of my 361, but ended up with a completely different 383. This 383 is a great running engine. It appears that it was a reman long block that someone had installed. It has a seal on the back of the block for the warranty. This engine has a Lunati VooDoo cam and lifters with matching springs, a Performer intake, and a 440 Source billet distributor. Asking $1400.

I also have a late 400. I believe it is a '76-'77 block. (ID Pad pictured below) This is a complete long block that I bought disassembled when I was in Georgia. It came from a truck. The cast crank has a pilot bearing for a 4-speed. The cylinders all look very clean and have no unusual wear or ring grooves. I had intentions for building a stroker from this engine and decided I didn't want anything that aggressive in my build. If interested, I can make a deal on this engine and my 361. (All 361 internals are forged steel instead of cast iron and they will go right into a 400 without modifications. Same journal diameters.) Asking $350 or trade for '66-'67 Charger parts or usable Sure-Grip for an 8-3/4".

I am open to wheelin' and dealin' on the 361 and 400. Must sell the 383 for cash. PM if interested. Located in SW Oklahoma.

383.jpg383_2.jpg400.jpgID pad.jpgPICT0002 (2).JPG

how much do you want for it and would you be interested in a trade of either a 61 t-bird project or even 1969 Galaxie 500 convertible project??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back