• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enjoy reading Mopar posts

Moms68

Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
Hello

As my handle suggests, I inherited my Mom’s 68 Charger which she purchased brand new back in 1968. The car has 50k on the clock, it is a 318 car with the vinyl roof package (buckets, wood grain wheel, remote mirror, etc.). The car is in great condition with a second paint back in the ‘80s.

About 5 years ago I pulled the gummed up 318 and installed a built 340 (I know, the horror of a 340 Charger!), but it woke the car up and I didn’t need to do any major mods. More recently I changed the rear to 3.23’s.

Interior is original and in great shape.

Future plans are to start building a BB with a 727 trans. Just stating to come up with a plan and source parts.

For right now the car drives awesome and gets thumbs up wherever we go.

Mom would be proud!

Welcome and very cool, but

:xscuseless:

LOL!

I left the 318 in my Coronet with a few mods. It works just fine for how I drive it!

Jim

Welcome aboard from NJ. Nice story, glad to see a family heirloom not just surviving, but improving! As mentioned, please post some pictures as we are pretty visual around here! :D

Welcome from Missouri!!!

Oh what a lucky man you are ! Is it GREEN ?:)

Welcome from Alabama, terrific story, I have both of my grandparents cars, nothing like keeping the family history alive.

I knew it !The joke back in the late 60's early 70's was that Chrysler bought tankers of that green from military surplus.
Don't get me wrong I bought a 68 Coronet back then that was triple green.

welcome to FBBO cool story now lets see that charger

welcome to FBBO

welcome.png

Auto Transport Service
Back