• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ENOLA GAY

BadBee

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Hello All,
Today is the 72 Anniversary of Hiroshima ,Please remember Col.Paul Tibbets and his crew of the B-29 Super Fortress ENOLA GAY, who helped end Japaneese Aggression and Atrocities and bring an end to WW2 also Col. Charlie Sweeney (who lived near me 3 blocks,Quincy ,Mass) and His crew in the Super Fort BOCHS CAR. On the Nagaski mission 8-9-45. We owe our LIBERTY to these FINE MEN! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL HER VETERANS!!

Frank Capra.
Labeled as propaganda.
But if factual not necessarily.

The premise is it caused a stand off.

My Uncle John Franzo was on Tinnian when they dropped the big one. He was a mechanic on the Liberty Bell. I still have his Army Air Corps shoulder patch, his Zippo lighter and an original flyer they dropped over Hiro and Naga telling the residents to get the hell outa Dodge. R.I.P. Uncle Johnny.

The Japanese take it for the most part with humility. However, I don't know what the young are taught about it, portray it as an atrosity. Which I take as liberal revisionist history teachings. Most have never been taught how evil the Japanese were in their conquest of Asia and South Pacific countries. But I agree this date should never be for gotten.

The Japanese take it for the most part with humility. However, I don't know what the young are taught about it, portray it as an atrosity. Which I take as liberal revisionist history teachings. Most have never been taught how evil the Japanese were in their conquest of Asia and South Pacific countries. But I agree this date should never be for gotten.
It's probably just our young who are taught to look at it with disrespect

After 50 years my father received medals from the Army for working on the Enola Gay when he was in the Philippines.He worked on the plane(s) gyrometer calibration. It took 50 years because the operation was classified.

Hello All,
Today is the 72 Anniversary of Hiroshima ,Please remember Col.Paul Tibbets and his crew of the B-29 Super Fortress ENOLA GAY, who helped end Japaneese Aggression and Atrocities and bring an end to WW2 also Col. Charlie Sweeney (who lived near me 3 blocks,Quincy ,Mass) and His crew in the Super Fort BOCHS CAR. On the Nagaski mission 8-9-45. We owe our LIBERTY to these FINE MEN! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL HER VETERANS!!
Lest we forget! Just let it go, that was then, this is now. We buy their electronics, cars, robots and technology today. Maybe it's time to let it go.

We remember out of respect. For both our servicemen and the Japanese who perished. It was not a simple decision to make. It was one made by necessity.
The Japanese were not surrender monkeys like those cowards across the channel from you. They vowed to fight to the last, and had they known that we had no more nukes, they would have.

A conservative estimate was 500,000 Allied and 1,000,000 Japanese casualties.
That dwarfs the body count at Hiroshima & Nagasaki combined.

The most disrespectful thing we could do for all sides is forget. I do find myself often sympathizing with the defeated Imperial Japanese citizen and soldiers. But I'm reminded of the brutality and lack of humanity that they had for the people in their areas of their conquest and it lessens things a bit. The things they did to mainland China were equivalent to the attrocities on the Nazi occupied Eastern front.
We gave their surrendered soldiers full quarter while ours received none.
My grandfather hated nobody in life with the exception of the Imperial Japanese Soldier.

Sorry Yatzee! It's never time to let it go! For if the Japaneese were victors in the pacific and the Nazis in the Atlantic, it's a good chance none of us would be here today! I notice your avatar says London ? Ask some one of age about the bombings V-2's, Doodle Bugs and see what they say!!!!! The Japaneese cut our soldiers heads off,ate their livers, A BUNCH OF SICK FUCKS!!!
If you think I and RESPECTFUL AMERICANS AND PEOPLE OF THE "FREE WORLD" SHOULD LET IT GO,YOUR WRONG! ALL THOSE MEN ON SAIPAN,TINIAN,IWO JIMA,GUADAL CANAL, OMAHA, THE BULGE ON and ON WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN, FOR IF THEY ARE THEY HAVE DIED FOR OOOO!
YOUR FREEDOM IS THEIR BLOOD!MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL BEFORE HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF!!! I HAVE BEEN TO OMAHA BEACH 3X BELGIUM, GERMANY, visited GEN. PATTONS GRAVE in HAM LUXEMBOURG! Look at ALL THOSE KIDS/MEN THAT ARE THERE! THE PARENTS THAT COULDN'T AFFORD TO VISIT THEIR SONS GRAVES!!!
NO SIR IT'S TIME YOU WOKE UP!! AUGUST 9th I'LL BE HAVING A SHOT OF JAMESON AND TOASTING COL. SWEENEY! OOH DID I FORGET Col.DOOLITTLE? THE ARIZONA????
SHALL I GO ON?
GOD BLESS AMERICA + THOSE THAT FOUGHT AND DIED SO I CAN BITCH ABOUT HOW MUCH LIFE SUCKS! WHEN IT'S SOOOOOO GOOD!!! OOOOOOOORAAAAHHHHH!

Amen BadBee. When I was growing up we were shown how bad the Japanese were to our soldiers in wartime. Using Chinese prisoners and U.S. servicemen for bayonet practice then laughing while they died. Read about the rape of Nanking.How about the treachery of Pearl Harbor? My great uncle passed away last year and he told me of being in the Navy in WWII and fearing the kamikazes were going to get him or his boat. And I guarantee that if we would have had to invade mainland Japan...Iwo would have looked like a picnic. I think the Atomic Bomb was a far more sane way to end that war.

Read about the rape of Nanking.

I always like to wait for the movie.
Especially when it is a "true story".
I don't think the Koreans are very fond of the Japanese either.
China_Nanking_Rabe_bombshelter_German_flag_280x209.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

If you read FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS the JAPS captured our downed flyers on CHI CHI JIMA a radar/radio station past IWO JIMA, they had bayonet practice on them purposely not hitting their VITALS! Then killed them and ATE THEIR LIVERS!!!! CHOPPED THEIR HEADS OFF-BOSHITO,
"SO **** THE JAPS!!"

If you read FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS the JAPS captured our downed flyers on CHI CHI JIMA a radar/radio station past IWO JIMA, they had bayonet practice on them purposely not hitting their VITALS! Then killed them and ATE THEIR LIVERS!!!! CHOPPED THEIR HEADS OFF-BOSHITO,
"SO **** THE JAPS!!"

Sorry
It is time to "move on" guys with sayings like: "F _ ck the Japs"
Yes, horrible war
I have read many books on So Pacific campaign.
Vicious and ruthless adversaries!
Heck, they "dreamed up" Kamikazes for crying out loud.
Motto: Win at all costs....
BUT:
Do you know they are a valued ally now to America?
And, after WWII, we arrived into Japan to occupy..."Right?"
Well, on the initial arrival, the roads were lined up for miles upon miles as we drove in with our troops and supplies...
These roads were lined up end to end with Japanese solders facing AWAY from the streets, mile after mile.
Our initial thought was: bastards, we beat them and yet they turn their backs on us..."Right?"
Well, farthest from the truth, they felt they were not worthy to look at our Army/Military personnel
A High from of respect/honor

So yes, many Countries have performed horrible actions during wars...
We have, our battles with American Indians.
Some say wrong doing's in Viet Nam
Look at the Spanish American war, 1898 (Remember the Maine, it exploded because of Gun Powder, not from an attack by Spain)

PEARL HARBOR WAS NO MISTAKE!! neither was 9-11.!! CONVERSATION ON THIS THREAD IS OVER FOR ME. GOD BLESS US ALL ON FBBO, OUR VETS,OUR COUNTRY!

and there's the little trick the Japs did when they would "rescue" our flyers from the ocean, beat them, tie them up, and toss them overboard. A lot of people know of the Nazi treachery, but it's just the last few years we've begun to learn just how bad the Japs were...and the Russians were worse than the Nazis.

My father was in the 41st Infantry division (Jungleers). They fought their way across New Guinea and then the Philippines. They where slated as part of the invasion force, but as luck would have it, they became part of the occupation force. I can still recall his pictures of Nagasaki (which sadly where lost in a basement flood). The level of devastation was amazing. What was also amazing to me is that he spent about 6 month there as I recall and suffered no radiation illness. I'm not quite sure how he felt about the Japanese when he passed in 2000, but Ski makes a good point.

Sorry
It is time to "move on" guys with sayings like: "F _ ck the Japs"
Yes, horrible war
I have read many books on So Pacific campaign.
Vicious and ruthless adversaries!
Heck, they "dreamed up" Kamikazes for crying out loud.
Motto: Win at all costs....
BUT:
Do you know they are a valued ally now to America?
And, after WWII, we arrived into Japan to occupy..."Right?"
Well, on the initial arrival, the roads were lined up for miles upon miles as we drove in with our troops and supplies...
These roads were lined up end to end with Japanese solders facing AWAY from the streets, mile after mile.
Our initial thought was: bastards, we beat them and yet they turn their backs on us..."Right?"
Well, farthest from the truth, they felt they were not worthy to look at our Army/Military personnel
A High from of respect/honor

So yes, many Countries have performed horrible actions during wars...
We have, our battles with American Indians.
Some say wrong doing's in Viet Nam
Look at the Spanish American war, 1898 (Remember the Maine, it exploded because of Gun Powder, not from an attack by Spain)
Important ally. So many great products in my life and childhood were from Japanese ingenuity. Dirtbikes, Nintendo's, Toyota's, Televisions, Soundsystems.

Beyound that, the war totally ravaged their Island. We got the best of them tenfold times twenty. They lost an almost entire generation of men plus millions of civilians.

I've no hatred toward them and my grandfather died twenty years ago.
Still I will always remember that his brother died from Malaria caught while being a SeaBee in the Solomons and my grandmother's cousin was kia fighting attached to the 1st Marine Division at Pelelui. I may not have been born yet but their sacrifice won't be forgotten.
So I can honestly say the Japanese have effected my family's life in the worst way.
But they chose to be in the Navy and like many others, paid the ultimate price.

My Uncle John Franzo was on Tinnian when they dropped the big one. He was a mechanic on the Liberty Bell. I still have his Army Air Corps shoulder patch, his Zippo lighter and an original flyer they dropped over Hiro and Naga telling the residents to get the hell outa Dodge. R.I.P. Uncle Johnny.
... Wagonman, my Dad was there too with the 2nd Marines standing guard around the Enola Gay during its loading and takeoff. Many years I took my Pap to see General Tibbets speak at the Veterans Home in Quincy Ill. where Tibbets lived before the War and the General told Pap that he is the first man that he had seen since that day that was there close and I bought Pappy the book that Tibbets was selling and he signed it for him and me alike. Pap was almost 90 when he passed 11-2011.

Never forget the past! What was done to both sides was horrible. But it is over now and they are allies now. So to hate them is a bit much . To hate that generation that was in ww2 ok that's fair . But I will say we should never forget any of our past or hide it even what's done is done and to forget or hide what our brave military did would be very disrespectful towards them! The people that suggest to forget this things make me sick !

Auto Transport Service
Back