• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Estate sale score.

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Went to a large estate sale today on a large property. There was an old shed with lots of tools and auto supplies. A whole shelf full of these repair manuals. Luckily enough they still had the 69. Tons of pages of information.

That book taught me more about cars than any classroom could ever provide!

They are good books, I have an entire collection of them going way back. I remember as a kid going to library and looking at them because it had all of the grilles and I would stare at Challengers, Cuda's and Roadrunners. They are great additions to a FSM, not that they have any better or different information, its that sometimes they have different pictures which can be helpful.

Nice.

best of the lot of published multi-make service manuals

I have a 64 a 69 and a 75.

Here’s a video of the property. Lots of cool Plymouth and other cars there

If anyone’s interested in anything let me know. I mean they’re selling these cars for a couple hundred dollars. I was going to try to get the four-speed duster but someone already claimed it.

There’s all kinds of old paraphernalia boxes, oil cans, spark plugs and spark plug boxes, vintage timing lights, vintage dwell meter, All kinds of stuff in the shed

I have that same Motor manual - worth it's weight in Gold. When I was a teenager and worked at a gas station I used to study the little grille pictures so I could identify any Mopar I saw.

Have a few of the Motor's books too....and over the years I've picked up a few nice goodies when working estate sales. One was for a guy who ran a midget car and he had some cool stuff plus some nice tools. You can't be a big guy to run those things and he wasn't. His shoe size was a 7. I'm not exactly a large guy at 5-9 and could barely fit in the thing let alone place my feet on the pedals with a size 11 shoe.

I wish I would be closer to that place. This is what I do love! Is it this Ansa you come across when driving from Palm Springs to San Diego? Did that last summer and stopped at an antique store there, full of old stuff in the yard and inside but was closed that time. Asked some neighbors but nobody knew when the owner returned, so I continued my trip as I had to. Still thinking about what I might have missed.....:(

I wish I would be closer to that place. This is what I do love! Is it this Ansa you come across when driving from Palm Springs to San Diego? Did that last summer and stopped at an antique store there, full of old stuff in the yard and inside but was closed that time. Asked some neighbors but nobody knew when the owner returned, so I continued my trip as I had to. Still thinking about what I might have missed.....:(
Yes in Anza. And the place you saw is called The Barn Stop. Laurie is the lady who runs it. I stop there quite a bit.

I’m going back out again next Monday. I’ll grab a bunch of manuals and popular mechanics mags, random auto paraphernalia. Let me know if you saw something you want. I’ll try to post pics while I’m there Of some stuff in the tool shed. There was some full and empty paper and metal cans of oil I was gonna grab.

I’m going back out again next Monday. I’ll grab a bunch of manuals and popular mechanics mags, random auto paraphernalia. Let me know if you saw something you want. I’ll try to post pics while I’m there Of some stuff in the tool shed. There was some full and empty paper and metal cans of oil I was gonna grab.

Yep, that was the place! Have found two pics, see here:

IMG_1914.JPG
IMG_1915.JPG

Son and I stood at the fence and looked, seeing all this stuff we love but couldn`t get in. Went a little further to a thrift store down the street and bought some cheap license plates they had, that`s it. Returned to the Barn Stop but was still closed, even if it`s said Open Thu - Sun and it was Friday. Maybe one day again....
Would love to get some stuff as I collect older license plates, signs, tins and cans and car memorabilia of any kind as well as just old stuff. But I live in Germany! So not that easy to get all the stuff I want into the plane. Have weight problems every time I am in the US (not because of the food but the stuff I buy:D) and wife isn`t happy at all about:).

That time we did a trip from Seattle down to San Diego via HW 1, Mendocino, Monterey, Yosemite, SF, LA, Palm Springs etc., can you imagine how much luggage we had at the end....?:D But it was definitely worth it !:):)

Last edited:
Yep, that was the place! Have found two pics, see here:

View attachment 1008200 View attachment 1008201

Son and I stood at the fence and looked, seeing all this stuff we love but couldn`t get in. Went a little further to a thrift store down the street and bought some cheap license plates they had, that`s it. Returned to the Barn Stop but was still closed, even if it`s said Open Thu - Sun and it was Friday. Maybe one day again....
Would love to get some stuff as I collect older license plates, signs, tins and cans and car memorabilia of any kind as well as just old stuff. But I live in Germany! So not that easy to get all the stuff I want into the plane. Have weight problems every time I am in the US (not because of the food but the stuff I buy:D) and wife isn`t happy at all about:).

That time we did a trip from Seattle down to San Diego via HW 1, Mendocino, Monterey, Yosemite, SF, LA, Palm Springs etc., can you imagine how much luggage we had at the end....?:D But it was definitely worth it !:):)
Might be cheaper to get a shipping container especially if you can some others to use it too. Might be an import business in the making here....well, at least you can tell your wife that :)

Might be cheaper to get a shipping container especially if you can some others to use it too. Might be an import business in the making here....well, at least you can tell your wife that :)

Good idea, usually. But she knows me well and the last time I bought a car in the US I promised her it was just for "bringing it over and make it ready for sale" in Germany. That was a few years ago and I am still driving it.....:)

Auto Transport Service
Back