• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EV2 paint

JamesF

Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
Where to purchase the correct color. Also best quality name brand.

I'd give these guys a shout. Don't get snookered into believing that expensive paint is best. A lot of paint slingers have their paint mixed up by a few chemical houses, slap their label on it and then pass the markup down to the customer. I've used their SS1 Sun Fire Yellow paint and it's good stuff..FYI. I believe these guys are in Gulfport, Mississippi

• 1414426154590-213370972.jpg

Click To Enlarge
    1969 Dodge Charger, Hemi Orange (#V2), Car Kit

Facebook Twitter Pinterest AddThis

Price: $350.99
    Adjusted Price: $350.99
    • Item #: 1969-DODGE-CHARGER-V2-CKIT
    * Marked fields are required.
    Reducer Option: *
    UC Series Clearcoat: *
    UA Series Activator: *
    # Available:
    Qty: *

Base%20Clear%20Car%20Kit%20Shot(1).jpg

Last edited:
Whatever you do DO NOT buy it from TCP Global.
I made the mistake of buying EV2 paint from them.
Worst service ever. Paint didn't match st all. Horrible customer service. Once they have your money, that's it. The worst!!

Not saying the name brand is better, but sometimes it is, sometimes not. There's a difference in qualities of resins used in the bases, there's more or less of UV inhibitors in the clears, sometimes the cheaper base coats take more coats to get the same coverage, so how much did you just save. Just do your research. I personally am a fan of PPG or some of the Shopline brand sold by Painters Supply Co. here in Ohio. PPG DBU base is a good covering EV2, but pricey.

hi @JamesF I'm going to try the Plum Crazy from the Coating Store (posted above). I contacted the store through their website and they match colors directly to the ditzler PPG chip and they sell the kit so you get everything you need (no forgetting to buy activator/reducer/etc.) I'm planning to spray my RR in plum crazy in May. I'll be happy to take pictures for you to see how close it is. While it's not the same color,it could give you a better idea of how close these are to factory colors.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back