• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Evaporator Plumbing

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Finally finished plumbing my Vintage Air in my 65 Belvedere.
Mike
IMG_2701.JPG

Are you happy with it as for mounting ,does it go in the original holes? What was you wait time on getting it? price $2000 plus?

Are you happy with it as for mounting ,does it go in the original holes? What was you wait time on getting it? price $2000 plus?
It mounted well but, not in the OEM spots. I have had the kit for at least 6 years so I have no idea of current shipping or price. Many retailers carry Vintage Air so pricing is available on line. I made all the mounts.
Mike
IMG_2224.JPG
IMG_2225.JPG
IMG_2225.JPG
IMG_2226.JPG
IMG_2548.JPG

prices have doubled in the last 2 years from what I have seen. And wait time is about 3 months or longer.

And wait time is about 3 months or longer.
I too am in process of installing a Vintage Air kit in my 63. It was almost 4 months for the base kit that I ordered from Speedway Motors.It so far has cost me about $1600.
This includes the base hot rod combo heat/air under dash kit that was $1100. The extra cost is for small block compressor brackets,hardline kits,and fittings that weren't included with the base kit.I started on it about 6 months ago and work on it when I can.Right now is making up the hoses,routing,mounting.
Not too much left to do.Just time to finish it.I may have to buy a A/C radiator as the one I have now is for a non A/C small block and the upper hose is on the wrong side.
I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back