• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever seen the Northern Lights

sam dupont

Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
I took a trip North as saw the Lights for the first time in the 90's. I felt small yet connected. We just had some solar storms and I always wonder if it will be a big one. They say the storms excite the atmosphere.

They are gorgeous. Also, being way out and away from all light sources makes for spectacular viewing of the milky way.

I was on a flight to Japan out of Seattle. First and only time. I watched for a while out the window.

I've seen them in the fall West of Kingston Ontario and further north on Georgian bay.
It's an amazing thing to witness

I took a trip North as saw the Lights for the first time in the 90's. I felt small yet connected. We just had some solar storms and I always wonder if it will be a big one. They say the storms excite the atmosphere.

[/URL][/URL]
I saw them from Manitoulin island and the stars seemed closer but very dark there Beautiful at nighttime

[/URL]

U.P. Michigan

Winter on a snowmobile near Lake Superior

Incredible

Spent six years in Alaska... So Yeah, Awesome Sight...

Years ago (more like decades), I saw them in NH a couple times one summer. Saw them very well out the airplane window coming back from Fairbanks 5 years ago.

I was on a flight to Japan out of Seattle. First and only time. I watched for a while out the window.
That's the best place to watch them is in a dark cockpit!

I was on a trip years ago when I seen them
1661176295002.png
... and I didn't have to leave my basement.

Seeing the Aurora Borealis is one thing on a very short bucket list. Someday.

I flew through them so many times it became routine for viewing. And as 69a100 eluded to, the best way to view them is in a darkened flight deck/cockpit...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last time I saw them we were flying NVG in a CH-47G. We all flipped up our goggles to enjoy the show....it was spectacular !!

Auto Transport Service
Back