• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everything powered when key turned to left???

Kimodc

Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
I got all my wiring in place and connected today in my 1969 Sport Satellite and hooked it up to a battery! Most things worked, some didn’t (biggest concern was the 3 speed wiper switch acting temperamental and not consistent in operation)....but one thing that jumped out at me is that when I turned the key to the left of “off”, which I always thought of as the ACC position, I expected only the radio to play, but everything was still powered......like the dash lights, the heater fan, .....is this normal? I had always thought that only the radio should be powered with the key turned to the left.

Normal, no power to ignition to left. So you can listen to the radio without harming the points.

ACC feeds every Accesory as is intended... this includes radio of course, AC-HEATER... everything but ign circuit related

Turning signals also works, along the back up lamps, since these are also feeded from ACC circuit

Lights get batt source and will work even without key.

Last edited:
Cool....Sounds like it is working as intended...... thank you gentlemen!

Auto Transport Service
Back