• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eVIL Bay purchase: six-pack for the B engine

GrabberOrange69

Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
Gents,

I bought this piece on eBay a couple of weeks ago. PO said he'd been running it on a Super Bee 383 over a decade ago, then removed it, where it sat on his shelf for 10 years. (You can still see it, search for item number 330827525696).

Looked like all Mopar over-the-counter stuff to me, but the carb list numbers didn't appear to be. Since the set-up looked like it was legit, I bought it, thinking at worst they'd be BBC tripowers carbs. Now it's home, and I'm more convinced these are Mopar intended carbs (not originals). They have the right vacuum diaphrams, and have the idle adjustments in the outer carbs.

Here are the list numbers: fwd carb 2379 date, list 4394-1; center carb 1989 date, list 4391; aft carb 1999 date, list 4393-1

I searched the internet to no avail for these carbs ID. Anybody have an idea on their story?

Six-Pack intake.jpg
six-pack side.jpg
six-pack side2.jpg
Carb idle adj.jpg

Last edited:
those are chrysler carbs. i used to run one of those back in the day, and believe it or not the corvette carbs work very good with the 383.

Auto Transport Service
Back