• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust manifold help

Red eyed cat

Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
just got my Belvedere header hits steering gear ls there headers that fit correctly if not what manifolds do I get 440 engine

Thanks roby

TTI are real nice from what I hear, I ran summit racing brand on my old 67 Coronet with a 440 and they were ok. As far as manifolds go a set of factory hp’s are the way to go. You should be able to find a set specific to the 66-67 but they’ll all fit up to 70 I believe. The only difference is the flanges where the pipe bolts up are configured with slight differences.

TTI are real nice from what I hear, I ran summit racing brand on my old 67 Coronet with a 440 and they were ok. As far as manifolds go a set of factory hp’s are the way to go. You should be able to find a set specific to the 66-67 but they’ll all fit up to 70 I believe. The only difference is the flanges where the pipe bolts up are configured with slight differences.
Thanks for the info

Unless you're drag racing my vote is for cast iron manifolds. Just coat them well before installation and they last the life of the car. I had them on a 440, 472 Hemi and now a 318 with the 68-70 340 manifolds. My Hemi repro manifolds have been on the car for 17 years and still look good. I had them Jett Coated before installation. I had 440 and Hemi in 71 Cuda so can't say what you need for a B body in the way of exhaust manifolds.

I'M running Doug's headers with P/S and only issue I had was the Mini starter was touching. (HAMMER TIME)
sorry not a good picture

engine.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back