• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust manifolds

c.moo

Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Have 63 plymouth savoy ,440 , auto. Question is what casting number of high perf. exhaust manifolds will fit and how much more do they weight compare to headers .Was going to use headers but hassle of changing plugs and starter got me to thinking about using cast iron hi po exhaust manifolds. Thanks

That's what I did on my 64 Plymouth. I used a TTI exhaust system. They will need the casting number from the manifolds if you order from them. I think the hi po manifolds will all work, but different years had the flanges oriented in different directions. Thats why they need the casting numbers.

Went ahead and bought a set . Driver side casting number is 2843992 and pass. side is 2806900 . I just worry some about flange orientation.

I just worry some about flange orientation.
I used the same ex manifolds, on my 64.
As Big Bad Dad said, I also used the TTI exhaust. Flanges are good.
I did try the provided gaskets...burned out real quick. Found a pair of solid copper, and sealed up great.

I put Schumacher tri y's on my 62 and they fir amazingly well-no issues at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back