• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

exhaust question

wirenut

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
Hello boys and girls,
Heres what I have tell me what you think. 65 ply b bod with a 71 340, with 71 340 exhast manifolds. 2" dual exhaust, with dynomax muffs.. The right side pipe is mostly crushed to clear the tie rods.
Do I have a shop make another pipe? seems like there isnt really enough room to do this better,
Do I buy a 2.5 manifolds back kit from tti
Do i by headers and a x pipe manifold back kit from tti
do I just buy tti headers and have a shop make the rest.
And yeah Im cheap and over think everthing.
The car is a weekend cruiser and sees some track time.
340 t-quad 509/284 dc cam 3:23
Please offer opinions.
G

G,
Even though you admit that you're "cheap and over think things", you have to do whats right and just spring for the tti's.:grin:

The cheap way out would be to take it to a muffler shop and have them modify the down pipe that is crushed. There has to be room.

Other than that, save your quarters for the TTI

Just had to deal with headers/exhaust myself. Went with the TTI for both but swapped out the DynoMax mufflers for a couple of Pypes RacePros. Everything was just delivered Monday so it will be this weekend's project.

Based on what others have said about the fit of TTI, I bit the bullet and shelled out the cash. I hate having to modify stuff to get it to fit.

Wirenut, I'd shell the bucks out for a tti system if it is possible to do so. Go for it!

Auto Transport Service
Back