• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory front sway bar bushings?

fatecaptured

Local time
12:09 AM
Reaction score
I have read allot of posts about upgrades, but that's not what I'm going for with this application.

I have a 72 Charger with a factory front anti-sway bar. It is a 7/8" bar. I have researched bushings and there seems to be only a few options.
1) Moog split rubber bushings.
a) seem to be a universal design.(it is the same for many makes and models outside of Chrysler).
b) is made for 13/16" or smaller bar.(which leads me to believe it will be a sloppy fit).

* Also has mixed reviews on fitment by customers. But not who left reviews had Mopars.

2) Polygraphite solid(no slit) bushings.
a) have more size specific options(a bushing for 7/8 & a bushing for 13/16).
b) only 1 review via Classic Industries(the review says it's the only one that has fit correctly).

*My concern is getting it to slide over the ends of the bar, even with soap/ lube.

So that leaves me with the question.

Does anyone have any experience with either style?
And what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

I used the energy suspension poly bushings and they fit over the end of the bar with no problems.

Energy Suspension has great poly bushings for the 66-69 stuff. Not familiar w later stuff, but their products are good.

EDIT: I just looked at their website. Looks like similar choices- 7/8 or 15/16' OD bar, in either red or black. They had good, clear instructions with the bushings I bought for my 69. I went with the black, much improved and can't tell by appearance the difference from stock unless close.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I have a set of Energy Suspension black 7/8 on order.

Auto Transport Service
Back