• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory hide height ? 62 Fury Wagon

rustytoolss

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell what the ride height is of thier stockish 62-65 mopar B body ? wagon or not..just lookin for baseline information. Thanks Ground to wheel well edge Front/rear.

I think I would go more by what the factory measurements were for the suspension. I believe I have seen that in the alignment section of my Chilton repair manual. Just a thought. ruffcut

I know where a stock 62 wagon is sitting, but measurements wont help you.. its been sitting on flat wide whites for years.
Grandpa won't sell, he bought it new.
(If you measure from fender edge to center of wheel, that takes tire height, or flatness, out of the equation).
Edit. 62 plymouth wagon rear wheelwell shape is different from all other 62 Plymouths, sedan info will just confuse you.

Last edited:
I know where a stock 62 wagon is sitting, but measurements wont help you.. its been sitting on flat wide whites for years.
Grandpa won't sell, he bought it new.
(If you measure from fender edge to center of wheel, that takes tire height, or flatness, out of the equation).
Edit. 62 plymouth wagon rear wheelwell shape is different from all other 62 Plymouths, sedan info will just confuse you.
That maybe about the rear wheel well shape, but the front height still would help me

I have a factory 62 Dodge service manual & it probably has the measurements in there as well as where to take the measurements from. I can look & see if you want.

This is what the factory service manual says. It doesn't say anything about the rear. Hope you can read this OK.

DSC01189.JPG

DSC01190.JPG

My 1964 Fury wagon
27 inches front fender bottom of lip.
24 inches back fender bottom lip.
I do have new rear spring 2 years ago but they are like factory springs.
Hope that helps.

My 1964 Fury wagon
27 inches front fender bottom of lip.
24 inches back fender bottom lip.
I do have new rear spring 2 years ago but they are like factory springs.
Hope that helps.
Thank you , My rear spring are weak. I think that the front is sitting high also.

Okay, for what it's worth, off my 62 savoy 2dr.
(All measurements through centerline of wheel, not necessarily highest point of wheel well).
Lt fr 14" from lip to CL of hub
25" from lip to ground, 25" tall tire
Rt fr 16" from lip to cl of hub
27" from lip to ground, 25" tire
29" with a 29" tire
Lt rr 12 3/4" lip to axle CL.
Rt rr 13 1/4 lip to axle CL.
This car is weight biased to leave the starting line level, with super stock springs, and /6 torsion bars.
(Told ya my measurements wouldn't help, lol)

i use the factory service manual for front suspension ride height. i don't there's a rear ride number. you'll have to decide if you want level or raised in the back.

Glad I could help out. If you need a factory service manual, I've been trying to sell mine for a few years now.

Auto Transport Service
Back