• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory torque boxes

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
I am restoring a 69 Charger R/T 4-speed and am thinking of adding aftermarket boxes. How common was it for them to be put on these cars? Do they help much? I will be adding frame connectors also. I know they were factory installed on Hemi and convertibles, but another recent thread seems to be implying that all R/T's had them. This car has all original metal right now, has been documented by Govier, and there definatley never was any on this car.

A friend of mine is restoring a 69 rt charger 4speed and it did not have factory torque boxes. He added them along with frame connectors. Another friend has an all original 69 rt coronet 4speed and it doesn't have torque boxes. I think you were right with only convertibes and hemi cars had torque boxes but never say never when it comes to mopars.

Auto Transport Service
Back