• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair game: Car movies versus the LIFETIME network movies!

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
For the members that are married....
I suspect that some of you are married and that your wives just might tune in to the Lifetime network. If you are not aware of this bastion of "entertainment", oh boy....
Holy smokes....
This network shows the most unrealistic and demented low budget female oriented movies.
I call it Battered wives and shattered lives...
I have been teased and humorously insulted for watching car movies. Bad plot, unrealistic stunts, crappy acting, etc.
Okay, maybe so but, the CARS are great! Stunts have to be outlandish to be interesting.
Their Lifetime movies though?
Bad plot, unrealistic relationships, bad acting...
Wait. I guess I forgot my point.
At least these chick flicks feature some pretty women. Some.
So often, it is about some abused woman, some teenage rivalry with cheerleaders or something. The acting is really over-the-top horrible. Men are almost always cheaters, abusers, liars or Harvey Weinstein types.
Bullitt, DMCL, Vanishing Point and many other movies actually had decent acting. The Fast and Furious isn't Oscar worthy stuff but it isn't chock full of emotionally unstable, crazy eyed women with knives or fireplace pokers.
I am blessed to have a Wife that will watch a car movie and NOT bitch all the way through it.
I am having a hard time doing the same when she watches her stuff. I have to busy myself with posting stuff here.

My wife is a big Stephen King fan.. She loves the old cars,but refuses to watch Velocity channel. Thats my station when she goes to bed. Pretty much we watch movies and a few TV shows together but thankfully shes not into that lifetime crap. She would rather watch all of the Woody Allen movies We spent a weekend watching everything Mel Brooks had out.. My wife is cool so I have no complaints.. Other than HOW MANY DAMN TIMES CAN YOU WATCH Rocky Horror or Little shop of horrors..

She watches vampire movies, girl super hero movies and those god awful singing shows.
Me- John Wick, Rambo,Rocky, WW2 movies,Meat Eater and Mountain Men
The only thing we watch together is
Cars, Frozen and Toystory. Not by choice, by force of a four year old.

I actually liked the early episodes of each season of American Idol.
Seeing delusional bad singers get a bitch-slap of reality was funny to me.

I actually liked the early episodes of each season of American Idol.

1390347879823.png

For the members that are married....
I suspect that some of you are married and that your wives just might tune in to the Lifetime network. If you are not aware of this bastion of "entertainment", oh boy....
Holy smokes....
This network shows the most unrealistic and demented low budget female oriented movies.
I call it Battered wives and shattered lives...
I have been teased and humorously insulted for watching car movies. Bad plot, unrealistic stunts, crappy acting, etc.
Okay, maybe so but, the CARS are great! Stunts have to be outlandish to be interesting.
Their Lifetime movies though?
Bad plot, unrealistic relationships, bad acting...
Wait. I guess I forgot my point.
At least these chick flicks feature some pretty women. Some.
So often, it is about some abused woman, some teenage rivalry with cheerleaders or something. The acting is really over-the-top horrible. Men are almost always cheaters, abusers, liars or Harvey Weinstein types.
Bullitt, DMCL, Vanishing Point and many other movies actually had decent acting. The Fast and Furious isn't Oscar worthy stuff but it isn't chock full of emotionally unstable, crazy eyed women with knives or fireplace pokers.
I am blessed to have a Wife that will watch a car movie and NOT bitch all the way through it.
I am having a hard time doing the same when she watches her stuff. I have to busy myself with posting stuff here.
Cool cars are eye candy. Pretty women are, too.
Guess in the search for domestic tranquility, compromises must be made, eh?
You are not alone in your observations or your struggles here, my friend. My wife loves the "true crime" channels,
to the point of obsession. I tolerate it about as far as I can, then protest when it just gets too damn morose...

Just watch "Dirty Mary Crazy Larry" together..... something for the both of you, lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back