• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake 4 speed

Robert Schaad

Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
My car is an Automatic, 904. I love the 4 speed pistol grip but with bad knees, I can not push the clutch as i used to. I rigged a challenger pistol grip 4 speed in the place of the T handle. Today I added the Reverse light and it does work.

New r light.jpg hurst.jpg

I agree...with a set of pedals in place the casual observer would most likely not spot that it was not the real deal. Maybe wire the clutch pedal to be your neutral/starter safety switch. ;)

I like the "slap-stick" and it's color changing gear indicator lights too much to get rid of it, but to each his own.

You know a hydraulic setup is much easier to use maybe a way to go it's much easier on your knee and back I will more then likely need to go this route myself in the future

You know a hydraulic setup is much easier to use maybe a way to go it's much easier on your knee and back I will more then likely need to go this route myself in the future
You are so correct, but as a retired person, I only have the budget for what i am doing. Thanks for the information.

That is a great look.

Thanks, but if i wanted that I would do it. I have converted several before. Now I just enjoy the Automatic.
Mate, it was meant tongue-in-cheek. I like what you've done, but if you start adding another pedal to replicate a clutch that isn't there...it's getting a bit too much. However, it is your car, and you are free to do whatever you please.

Great look.
I did the same thing with mine a few years ago. I swapped out the ball handle shifter and installed a pistol grip with a spare rubber boot from my old cuda.
But, I didnt add a clutch pedal...thought that might be a little deceptive LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back