• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

Hey thanks gentleman! Pretty sure the war department is set on her little A-Body, but thanks for the leads KB and Mitch. And I'd help you out Satman if your place wasn't a two month trip by horse and carriage. We drove by an old Mustang for sale the other day. She said "Wow, That looks pretty cool". I told her that's grounds for immediate divorce. Gotta find something pretty soon. Anyways, I'm sure you guys are getting sick of all my Jibber Jabber around your resto's while I'm out on sabbatical. LOL

beeeeeeeeeeer

& some more BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

- - - Updated - - -

Hey thanks gentleman! Pretty sure the war department is set on her little A-Body, but thanks for the leads KB and Mitch. And I'd help you out Satman if your place wasn't a two month trip by horse and carriage. We drove by an old Mustang for sale the other day. She said "Wow, That looks pretty cool". I told her that's grounds for immediate divorce. Gotta find something pretty soon. Anyways, I'm sure you guys are getting sick of all my Jibber Jabber around your resto's while I'm out on sabbatical. LOL

No hurry... What does the General/War dept. head want ??... Prop/Will I'm probably way too far away to help much, but I will keep my eyes out for a cool A-body Calif. car... What's your criteria ??... Do you have body style/year preference, Valiant Duster Demon Dart Swinger GTS ??... How much are you willing to spend for a project ??... Do you want something complete & running or a basket case long term project ??... remember, "a happy wife, is a happy life"

Thanks Budnicks. As far as an A-Body, we'd be looking for a 68-72 Dart (2dr HT). Like you guys, i'm a glutton for punishment and would be looking for a project car. As far as price, probably cap off about 4-5K. I was saying to Bryan, it's pretty crazy how much the price of Dart's have gone up. I've had a few Dart's over the years and here in the past 10 years, it's pretty substantial how much the value of these cars have gone up. Until recently, I would expect a decent '68-72 Dart project for around a grand. Not so much (around here anyways).

lmao!!!

[video=youtube;HsHjW8rBRk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsHjW8rBRk0[/video]

Hey thanks gentleman! Pretty sure the war department is set on her little A-Body, but thanks for the leads KB and Mitch. And I'd help you out Satman if your place wasn't a two month trip by horse and carriage. We drove by an old Mustang for sale the other day. She said "Wow, That looks pretty cool". I told her that's grounds for immediate divorce. Gotta find something pretty soon. Anyways, I'm sure you guys are getting sick of all my Jibber Jabber around your resto's while I'm out on sabbatical. LOL[/QUOTE

Thats what my wife says about Camaros we have gone by, i wont mention exactly what i say and when i ask her why as she always tells me the 70 RR was the coolest car, she says "there's other cool cars outside of your Plymouth's", i said yea, Chargers, Coronets, a Demon, THEN it's, "ok there's more then your "Mopars", ill end it there, its not worth telling where that went! Still love her to death but shes-a pushin a might hard sometimes :)

Thanks Budnicks. As far as an A-Body, we'd be looking for a 68-72 Dart (2dr HT). Like you guys, i'm a glutton for punishment and would be looking for a project car. As far as price, probably cap off about 4-5K. I was saying to Bryan, it's pretty crazy how much the price of Dart's have gone up. I've had a few Dart's over the years and here in the past 10 years, it's pretty substantial how much the value of these cars have gone up. Until recently, I would expect a decent '68-72 Dart project for around a grand. Not so much (around here anyways).

Yeah people finally caught on to the value of them, they use to be a really cheap way to get into a very light Mopar... allot were made into racers, pretty darn popular now.... I'll keep me eyes open for ya $4-5k, I would think you should be able to get even a decent V8, 68-72 2 dr HT Dart project still in that range....

- - - Updated - - -

check this out a Calif. Car V8 318ci car 70 dart Swinger for $4400 runs drives clear title etc., in the Sacramento Craigslist {it's actually in Vacaville} there are a few others too, a 67 Dart & a couple 68 GT 's for $4k-$6k didn't look like they are even too rusty {especially what you deal with out there}, even 73 Swinger {Granny car} mostly all Slant 6 cars &/or projects/basket cases or stored outside for years too, in a 100 mile radius of where I live in the

Attachments

• Prop 70 Dart Swinger V8 318ci $4400 Craigslist Vacaville.jpg
    Prop 70 Dart Swinger V8 318ci $4400 Craigslist Vacaville.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 476
Yeah people finally caught on to the value of them, they use to be a really cheap way to get into a very light Mopar... allot were made into racers, pretty darn popular now.... I'll keep me eyes open for ya $4-5k, I would think you should be able to get even a decent V8, 68-72 2 dr HT Dart project still in that range....

- - - Updated - - -

check this out a Calif. Car V8 318ci car 70 dart Swinger for $4400 runs drives clear title etc., in the Sacramento Craigslist {it's actually in Vacaville} there are a few others too, a 67 Dart & a couple 68 GT 's for $4k-$6k didn't look like they are even too rusty {especially what you deal with out there}, even 73 Swinger {Granny car} mostly all Slant 6 cars &/or projects/basket cases or stored outside for years too, in a 100 mile radius of where I live in the

That's way too nice Budnicks .. he probably wouldn't get to do any metalwork, fire up the hot wrench, change a quarter panel, or anything really fun on that car he he

How much does it cost to ship a car from CA to Wisconsin anyway? My uncle used to haul cars from IL to FL or the reverse. I think he charged around $750 one way. So maybe double?

btw Those 70 side markers are waaay better looking than the later ones :)

Last edited:
[h=2]I hope I didn't send this one to you already

1970 Dodge Dart Swinger - $1995 (Northern, IL)[/h]http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4007469712.html

00909_60KUn7HqEdv_600x450.jpg

1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 2-door. This is a project car that needs restored. No engine or trans. Originally a 340/automatic. Salvage title. $1995 / offers.

I hope I didn't send this one to you already

I would think that the next project would have to come from the northern mid west.
Rustbelt restorations deserves the challenge! :buffer:

Fellow rustoration guys....LOL.... some times, just sometimes, it might actually be a little better, just to maybe start with a more solid/complete car & spend more time, in making it perfect, instead of all the time, money & effort just to get rid of all the rust, if it's at all reasonably possible, instead of spending most of the time sourcing all the parts, shipping, waiting, late nights on the w-w-w {not for Will, he was fast with this cool 69 RR restoration project} & just spend a few more bucks on the initial purchase & on air fare, to come check out, a nearly rust free project, that is reasonably priced, then a little more to begin with on shipping or transportation/towing costs & ultimately save a ton of time & money in the long haul... it's just an idea, not a prerequisite... I also live here in Eastern Central Calif so it's much easier for me, I can go north or south here & find several examples easily.... I really feel for you guys & have total respect for all you guys, back east & up north, that have to do all the rust repairs, from cars that you have in your neck of the wood, that I usually don't run into... don't get me wrong we still get rusty cars too.... Have fun Prop/Will I hope you find your next project soon & I can't wait the read "The sequel or Part II", to this great book...he he ha ha

I'm now going on 7 years with my current nearly rust free 68 RR HT project, so maybe I'm not the best example either... I must add this was only 1 of the many projects in the period of time thou...

Auto Transport Service
Back