• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Clutch and Pulley Hardware

BeeFast

Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
I want to make sure I have the correct nuts, bolts, and washers for my 69 440 Bee. What I need is info on the fan clutch and water pump pulley. I can't get a straight answer when i search the web. Is all the hardware black oxide?

It depends on IF your car had/has factory A/C or not or if it had the max cooling package or if it had a 7 blade solid drive fan.
A/C cars use a thermal drive fan clutch. Max cooling cars (Hemi and Six barrel cars) had a torque drive fan clutch. All of the viscous drive clutches use studs and captive washers and nuts to secure the blades to the clutch and hex head cap screws to secure the clutch assembly to the water pump drive sheave.
My numbers mstch RS23V0A ****** GTX has the max cooling package and the #2806070 clutch and mounting hardware.
Tony's Parts offers both thermal drive clutch and torque drive fan clutch and the correct blades and mounting hardware, assemblies,should you need them. Try his site: www.tonysparts.com
BOB RENTON

Direct drive fans ALL had black phosphate attaching hardware

Cars with a fan clutch the 4 bolts were clear zinc

Hey guys, do you know what size the bolts are? Need the 4 bolts fan to clutch and 4 bolts clutch to water pump. Any idea?

Auto Transport Service
Back