• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Options for a 360/408 Stroker

Charger72

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
Hello All, I previously was running an almost stock 318, with no fan shroud and was using 6 blade 17.5 inch flex fan. It is originally an A/C car but all the A/C stuff is gone.

Just got my stock 26' radiator restored by Glen-ray, went with the 3-row max cooling option.

Need help deciding what fan to buy, someone mentioned to me a clutch fan from Tony's Parts? Any suggestions? Thanks.

49813847671_ebc3b8a62e_z.jpg

You could just run a 5 blade fan and clutch from local AZ/AA or RA. That is what I run on my 5.9 Mag 72 Satty and it cools great with stock style water pump.

On a '74 Duster I did with a 406" stroker and AC, I just re-used the factory stuff: fan, shroud, radiator.
Had no problem keeping the same temp as it did with the 360, even with AC on in Calif heat.
Was an AT car, stock converter & gear.

Hello All, I previously was running an almost stock 318, with no fan shroud and was using 6 blade 17.5 inch flex fan. It is originally an A/C car but all the A/C stuff is gone.

Just got my stock 26' radiator restored by Glen-ray, went with the 3-row max cooling option.

Need help deciding what fan to buy, someone mentioned to me a clutch fan from Tony's Parts? Any suggestions? Thanks.

View attachment 1319080
Go to rock auto 50.00 for the clutch and find a 7 blade with a shroud and save your money on electric

Auto Transport Service
Back