• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Viscous Drive 66 361 w AC

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out if I have the correct fan clutch on my car. It is only 1/4 to 3/8" between the clutch thermostatic coil and the radiator. I can't even remove the clutch from the pump because it is so close. I'm going to pull the radiator out to get it out and while it's apart, I want to get the correct part on it. Thanks in advance.

If you don’t have a shroud 1” to 1 1/4” is what flexlight recommends

Car is a 66 361 with AC and does have a fan shroud.

Here are pictures from my 66 Charger 361 with air. Looks like about 1 1/4 inches clearance from the clutch to the rad

IMG_20220613_181155088.jpg

IMG_20220613_181301092.jpg

Found the correct one at Megaparts. Zach measured it for me and it was shorter than mine and fits over the nub on the water pump. I now have 1.5" of clearance between the radiator and clutch. Awesome. Thanks everyone that responded.
20220627_113027.jpg

Looking at the picture, I would suggest you replace the power steering hose.
After 50 years they are subject to blowing and creating a fire hazard.

Looking at the picture, I would suggest you replace the power steering hose.
After 50 years they are subject to blowing and creating a fire hazard.
Good call. I'm doing things one step at a time as I am concentrating on getting equipment installed so I can work on this stuff easier. I think I'm replacing the radiator hoses when I remove the radiator to repair it and install the new fan shroud.

Auto Transport Service
Back