• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fans of John Schnieder and the Dukes of Hazzard...Check this out:

Well lets hope they use some AMD sheet metal covered crown vics for the stunts this time around..

looks more like a midlife crisis movie...still its good to see John again.
i met him up in rochestor once,super nice guy.
he was tripping on my A team van back then.

Well...we'll have to wait and see when it comes out. Wouldn't mind checking it out. Looks like a good story line.

Cruised through the Pepermill one year in Reno, John was there. Coronet was uncapped. He gave us a thumbs up.

Edited......My first thought watching the trailer was “interesting..he’s got a movie that has the car in it again!” I think maybe there is a bigger message here..

I removed a piece here because probably didn’t belong in General Forum..

But John takes it head on and brings the controversy in the film. But we will see how all shakes out.

Yeah, I’d watch it. I saw the shifter too. Good they’re not wrecking old 69’s

Last edited:
i agree,i think hes going to address the whole history of the general and try to revive the series.
at the very least,
i hope he succeeds and clears the car with the " offended Azzholes in the world "
this was an affront to americans to begin with,the way some people went after the show.
the flag/roof was never meant to disrespect Anyone.

i grew up with the general lee AND a general grant,
as there was a guy locally who had his car painted up and then flagged like the dukes car,
but diff colors and names.

as far as the Actual civil war and its reasons..

What led to the outbreak of the bloodiest conflict in the history of North America?

A common explanation is that the Civil War was fought over the moral issue of slavery.

In fact, it was the economics of slavery and political control of that system that was central to the conflict.

A key issue was states' rights.

The Southern states wanted to assert their authority over the federal government so they could abolish federal laws they didn't support, especially laws interfering with the South's right to keep slaves and take them wherever they wished.

Another factor was territorial expansion.

The South wished to take slavery into the western territories, while the North was committed to keeping them open to white labor alone.

Meanwhile, the newly formed Republican party, whose members were strongly opposed to the westward expansion of slavery into new states, was gaining prominence.

The election of a Republican, Abraham Lincoln, as President in 1860 sealed the deal. His victory, without a single Southern electoral vote, was a clear signal to the Southern states that they had lost all influence.

Feeling excluded from the political system, they turned to the only alternative they believed was left to them: secession, a political decision that led directly to war.

I just hope that the show, the dukes boys and the general Lee get revindicated with this movie, I grew up with " Los dukes de Hazzard " my love for mopars and for cars are because of this show, innocent show, white humor, the general lee was only the transportation for his shenanigans.

Auto Transport Service
Back