• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Farmers

Saw that watching the super bowl. Thought it was one of the best commercials i'd seen in a long time.

Got a kick out of that too..Miss listening to old Paul on the AM with the pops.

"This is Paul Harvey......Good Day!"

Got a kick out of that too..Miss listening to old Paul on the AM with the pops.

"This is Paul Harvey......Good Day!"

yup me too. me and the old man would always listen to the ag report and Paul Harvey's commentary on the way to work in the old days...ah the memories.

FYI*** I work for a CASE-IH dealership. There is a big thing going on with that commercial. Monday after the superbowl I came to work and we had a letter from our corporate office. Here is what it said,

"With each viewing and sharing via facebook and twitter of the "Farmer" commercial on the Ram web site- RamTrucks.com/KeepPlowing- Ram will make a donation of $1 up to $1M total, to the National FFA in support of the producers tomorrow"

I am anti-facebook, but if you have a facebook, log in, and share the video. Anything to help out FFA/4H groups I will do. It helped me when I was growing up.

FYI*** I work for a CASE-IH dealership. There is a big thing going on with that commercial. Monday after the superbowl I came to work and we had a letter from our corporate office. Here is what it said,

"With each viewing and sharing via facebook and twitter of the "Farmer" commercial on the Ram web site- RamTrucks.com/KeepPlowing- Ram will make a donation of $1 up to $1M total, to the National FFA in support of the producers tomorrow"

I am anti-facebook, but if you have a facebook, log in, and share the video. Anything to help out FFA/4H groups I will do. It helped me when I was growing up.

Being a die hard Deere fan I found the Case IH equipment in the commercial a little offensive. ha ha ha

Great commercial! Great cause!

Reed

You have to admit, they hit a 'homer' with that commercial. :app:

Anybody who knows farming (or ranching) or has ever had any association with it can really appreciate Mr. Harvey's words, as they are 'spot on'. Spent my fare share of adolescent days on the farm, listening to Paul before heading in for 'dinner'. Everyone watching remembered it...half had no idea something was actually being marketed...so they talked about it even more...and the subliminal message it planted is sure to increase 'Ram' (I still say Dodge) sales. Case-in-point that less IS more. (No pun intended CASE-IH)

One of my first jobs when i was a teenager was working on a farm in the summer. I grew up on horse farms, which was no cake walk. Carrying buckets of water in the middle of winter, snow knee deep and wind howling was fun. But, in the summer i worked for a few farmers in the area bailing hay. Of course i was in the barn stacking 50lb bales as they came flying off the elevator. 100 degrees and sweating my *** off. Hard work. Good stuff.

City kids think they are so tough. I laugh in their faces

best commercial of the night ..never actually knew any real farmers but I know they work pretty hard and there importance is very often overlooked ...what can you say Paul Harvey giving long overdue credit to American farmers .. doesn't get any better ..glad it was Dodge

great freaken' commerical... you got to love Chrysler/Ram/Jeep/SRT/Dodge/even Fiat & their commercials lately... bringing the company back from the grave... best Super Bowl commercial, very closely followed by the Clydesdale Colt/Bud commercial...

God Bless all farmers, I still have faith in this Country when I see a Commercial like this. I thank God I live here I remind myself how lucky I am to be here living in this great Country.

Buy American! Buy American! Help your fellow Americans with a good paying job and food on the table.

One of the only commercials worth watching this year. Worked on a dairy farm back in high school, waking up at 4am to milk, feed, and muck out the barn. Can't say I was the biggest fan of the work at the time, but it sure toughened me up. Good times.

IMO they could have used a less flashy Ram though, when I think of farm truck I don't think of 20'' chrome rims and full chrome grill. Gravel roads + chrome = bad news bears.

yup, love that one. Actually, I have loved the last few by mopar

Mike

America is the largest exporter of food in the world. All due respect to the American Farmer, you feed the world. No better man to narrate that commercial, rest in peace, Paul Harvey.

It was good hear his voice, like an old friend. Sweet Mopar truck too.

farmed for some time up until 2 years ago. sold the farm, bought a chunk of land and let someone else farm it now. can't say i miss it but i do take time, in the spring, to walk out to the fields when the boys begin to turn the dirt. Stop for a bit, in the summer, when the neighbor drops his first cutting; and again, in the fall, when they bring in the beans/corn. some of the most fulfilling smells/sights/sounds I know... As for the commercial, another one of Mr. Harvey's masterpieces.

Auto Transport Service
Back