• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Father-daughter project!

Bb70charger500

Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
Might be a bit pre mature but......
I bought Aubree her first car! Sadly it was in poor condition and since we wanted a older model that seems to be very hard to find we decided to take this one!
So it's a ex police car . But that doesn't bother us any ! So about the car it's a 07 srt8 !!!! It runs and drives great ! A bit fast for her but she will get used to it!
It's even got brembo brakes on it!!!
I payed $69.00 for it and I had a 2 hour round trip to get it!
So the name of the game is to rebuild it and make an exact clone of my 07 superbee or close to it since my car has one off parts on it!

So we started tear down right after we got it !!
We removed all the police decals first,then removed the CB radio in the car, assessed the damage to the body and made a list of parts that we need!
Then we pulled the seats to look for build sheet !!! Nothing!
Oh well.

So we're done for the night . tomorrow we're going to remove the police light bar and the scanner radio too! The push bumper was missing when we got to the car so we need to fill those holes along with the light bar holes !
So the tail lights and head lights are all busted out ! (Must of been a rough area this car patrolled)
And the chrome on out rims is pitted badly! No problem as we were going to paint the wheels black anyways!
The head light and tail lights will be hard to find ,I might need to make replacement s!
Any thoughts on heat molding plastic?

Oh and lastly the gauges are all trashed need to decal faces! But that's easy enough!
Well enough reading here's some pictures!

KIMG0449.JPG
KIMG0450.JPG
KIMG0451.JPG
KIMG0458.JPG

Don't hate me guys I've been locked in a house with my wife and baby I need entertainment!:lol:
But seriously stay tuned were going to make this look like my super bee

So awesome. I remember those years when they were little. Kids first in all things

She was so excited when she saw it !
We have been having an issue with her trying to get in her 1/18 scale pink cuda I gave her . She would open the door and stick her foot in then cry because she didn't fit! We then need to go out to my bee and sit in it to calm her down! So I said why not get her a big car I'll just un hook the drive motors for a year or so she can play with the radio and lights /horn .
I'll make it look like the "racing banana"

Thanks I've seen this video before and was trying to find it ! Might be Difficult with no good cores I'm hoping for a reply from the dealership kidtrax

Great project!

Next, you need to build a 600 HP blown Hemi for it and put wheel tubs in the back and, uh.... well, maybe not on this one!

But it should be a great build for a special young lady!

Hawk

Well I was informed that my sister is buying a 3d printer I'll need to wait till June though

Little update we got car torn apart had to buy a new welder for this project (hot glue gun)
Cut some of the back side plastic on bumper and used it to fill the push guard holes filled with Bondo !
Have to give it another layer!
I need to get some wet sand paper to knock some deep scratches out
KIMG0469.JPG
KIMG0471.JPG

Also doors and 80%of car got yellow paint need to finish up bumper and windshield (scratches bad on both)

well,you goatroped me perfectly!!
i was expecting to see an old diplomat or fury cop car.
Great story and ty for sharing it
:thumbsup:

also,Huge thanks to Aarons air,for that lens repair link.

I figured I'd get a few !
Its been raining here so no paint work!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back