• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite 70's rock songs...

There were so many, I couldn't pick just one. Highway to Hell, Tom Sawyer, Run like Hell, Stranglehold etc etc.

One of the first hard rock girl bands...Fanny doing a credible version of Badge ---

67 years on this planet. I've heard and
listened to a great many songs that bring
back memories (snapshots in time). Most
good, some bad.
The late 60's, early 70's being the most
impressionable, as those were my high
school years. I was one of those lonely
teenage bronking bucks, with a pink
carnation and a pickup truck.
Each song for me is a placekeeper.
There's not enough bandwidth on
this forum to list them all.
Love the post. I've hit the arrows on
all of the vids.

Last edited:

Says a lot about my frame of mind in 1970! This song was actually released in 1969. Listened to it on 8 track. We used to really get a kick out of the way they alternated the left and right channels starting at 3:33.

Last edited:
One of the best performances on Midnight Special, love how the audience keeps the beat !

I like just about every 70's and 80's rock songs. My xm radio has been on ch39 Hair Nation for the best part of 10 years now, sometimes I will stray to Classic Rewind or Ozzie's Boneyard either way its good old rock-n-roll.

Saw Molly Hatchet at several small venues throughout the 90’s. One bar hardly held 100 people. The band hung out at the bar for quite a while after the finished.
yea, they were always really good about that, saw them several times in cinci in small venues, and most of the time would run into them in florence Ky after the show, really nice down to earth guys

although this is not a song from the 70's it very well could be, the 2nd verse is sung by Ian Hunter from Mott the Hopple, keep in mind , he is 82 years old now, and this is a new song by Mike Campbell and The Dirty Knobs.

if Brian Johnson is in front of AC/DC it was after 1980!

Auto Transport Service
Back