• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender mounted turn signals....

mmissile

Local time
5:58 PM
Reaction score
They use a single wire to power them. What grounds them?

The bracket on the underneath has teeth that need to dig in through the paint/undercoating.

I'd like to see the bracket, please. It's like a #10 screw, so torqueing it down thru material seems pretty iffy.

I guess the factory didn't use paint or anything on the underside of the fender. I figured the fender was the ground, but this whole setup seems pretty sketchy/half assed.

Yeah, you're right. Chrysler, et al, a company known for their engineering, was just a little short in the electrical endurance aspect. Then again, no one thought the cars would be loved for 50 +- years.

I put longer studs on the housings. Then I ground the paint off the underside of the fender, used captive lock-washer nuts to dig into the metal. Next was a ground-wire to be screwed into the core support, with a second lock-nut to the stud. When finished, I'll hit the whole deal with a squirt of under-coat.

mal728.jpg

20ru1xz.jpg

Nothing wrong with a few extra grounds. I like it!

My Bee has Barracuda style signals with just a sheet metal screw down thru the top. Rt side quit working & bulb socket was totally fubar. Cut it out & used a RadioShack led assy in socket spot, WITH an extra ground. I cried long&hard when the Shack went under.

Auto Transport Service
Back