• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender tag/68"X"

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
So I think I bought the wrong color headliner for my project! On the fender tag under "TRM"
it has S6B. I thought the Headliner was Medium Blue, but after reading the article in
"Mopar B-Body Restoration", it said the headliner should be the same color as the visors.
My visors are bright metallic blue. Not a close color for headliners. Light Blue maybe? It's
been a long time and I don't remember. What do each of the letters and numbers mean
on the TRM code? I have seen QQ1 color cars with bright Blue carpets and light blue head-
liners and white seats with a code of S6C. "C" must be the code for white seats????
Carpet is another problem. Is my carpet supposed to be bright blue too? I got my head-
liner from ACME through Year One, and it seems to be very nice. Whaddaya think?

My runner came QQ1 with black carpet, visors and headliner matched the dash pads which were blue

GTX Fender Tag.JPG
GTX Interior (48).jpg
DSC03186.JPG

Though I think the headliner might have been done at some point in the cars life before me.

Thanks Mario! I forgot to look at your tag. So Light blue headliner, and what color carpet?

Yeah, I guess that's the carpet I should have too. Well, now I have an extra Medium Blue Headliner
AND Dark blue carpet. Jeez I hate buying things twice! I just got another headliner from Year One
for $113.00 with free shipping. It will come from ACME in Calif. Glad I didn't put the wrong one in!
Thanks Mario!

Automatic. I'm just trying to figure out what's right. So far I have a headliner and possibly carpet that
will have to be replaced. If the "S6B" is what denotes the Interior color scheme, then I'd like to know.
MarPar posted some pic's of his car and I will go with that. It's been so many years since I took it apart
I can't remember. Again, he has the "S6C" trm code and he has white seats.
What does "S6" of the trim code mean?

Last edited:
Mario,
Looking at the pictures of your carpet, it most probably is aftermarket unless someone removed the heel pad. There is a lots of controversy on carpet for the blue interiors. Some claim that the four speed applications always had a black carpet, while there are documented cars with colored carpets.

Depending upon the year, it seems that there can be at least two different shades for the greens and blues in 68 and 69, probably holds true for the 70 year model as well.

As you guys have found out, it is very confusing and frustrating.

O.K., so it looks like The headliner is light blue, the upper interior door color is "U" (light blue Met.)
and the carpet is medium blue. I have a dark blue carpet if anyone needs one!!!! Ha!

Called Year One, They said they would give me a refund! Shipped it back. Phew!

Mario,
Looking at the pictures of your carpet, it most probably is aftermarket unless someone removed the heel pad. There is a lots of controversy on carpet for the blue interiors. Some claim that the four speed applications always had a black carpet, while there are documented cars with colored carpets.

Depending upon the year, it seems that there can be at least two different shades for the greens and blues in 68 and 69, probably holds true for the 70 year model as well.

As you guys have found out, it is very confusing and frustrating.

Thank you for your insight, Richard! I will be adding another item to the GTX list. lol

Auto Transport Service
Back