• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag Decoding

jb427

Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a long time Chevy guy (don't flame me), but have always loved the B Body Mopars. I've come across an H code 66 Satellite and was hoping someone could help me decode the fender tag. I was able to decipher some of this, but not all. Thanks in advance!
1966 Tag.JPG

Numbers below SO which means shop order think it means 4=April, 05 schedule production week. So week of April 5th 1966.

P4X premium interior black. In the search box type "1966 fender tag decoding". Car should have a Dana 60. This is a guess EE1 B car color blue black vinyl top??

Last edited:
Post some pictures of it if you have them. I assume the car is for sale so if you don't want it, let us know :thumbsup:

:xscuseless:yes send me a pm with info:thumbsup:

Numbers below SO which means shop order think it means 4=April, 05 schedule production week. So week of April 5th 1966.

SO = Sales Order.
Scheduled production day meaning the car was scheduled, but not necessarily actually built, on April 5th.

P4X premium interior black. In the search box type "1966 fender tag decoding". Car should have a Dana 60. This is a guess EE1 B car color blue black vinyl top??
Thank you, Fran. Really appreciate it. The car is currently black on black so it was not repainted to the factory color. But it does have a period correct hemi, four speed, and Dana 60.

Thank you, Fran. Really appreciate it. The car is currently black on black so it was not repainted to the factory color. But it does have a period correct hemi, four speed, and Dana 60.
You can find original paint someplace, under a trunk or door gasket. Engine compartment is body color unlike Chevy's:rolleyes::D. I'd look for that to be sure. Pictures please !!

Auto Transport Service
Back