• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender tag for Hemi

dart6

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
Folks a bit of help here if you please.
Does the tag pictured denote a 66 Satellite hemi 4sp

Cheers Brett

20210531_080807.jpg

Also someone has suggested the 426 Hemi badge on the lower front fender is in the wrong place Hmmm
20210531_080712.jpg

The 426 emblem might be a little low and forward of the correct position.

20181012_174753.jpg

This is a 67 with wrong emblem but correct position.

Googling shows me some have the pentastar under the badge and some don't. I guess back in the day things could be haphazard

Cheers guys for the quick responses i'd have thought you'd all be your cots given the time over there

The 426 emblem might be a little low and forward of the correct position.
Could i assume that positioning could be a bit willy nilly back in the day. Would they have used a template or just relied on the trusty tape measure

I believe they were all in the correct place and your example has been changed.

Could be the fender was replaced due to an accident and body shop misdrilled the location.

Mine
Original fender

That said......were they all in the exact same spot???
I seriously doubt it.

20210528_091735.jpg

Ps.

Isnt the car shown in the ops post supposed to be all original paint?

Different assembly plants may have used slightly different templates or procedures also.

Were the original holes drilled or punched?

Somebody put a fender on without holes during production?

Were the original holes drilled or punched?

Since the fender mounted engine call outs were only for the 426 in 66 and relatively few of the 426 were built, I would bet they were drilled on the production line with use of a template.

Since the fender mounted engine call outs were only for the 426 in 66 and relatively few of the 426 were built, I would bet they were drilled on the production line with use of a template.
Believe 383's 4 Barrel had engines call outs also in 66.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back