• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag Placement?

Propwash

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Hey Gent's...Quick Favor. While patching, grinding and doing some light body work under the hood of my bird, the two little holes for the Fender Tag on the left inner fender disappeared. If I remember correctly I had to weld them in because they were wore/rotted out. Would someone be so kind to tell me a ball park on the correct location for the fender tag via a couple vague measurements? Thanks a bunch!

BTW..Car is a '69 Roadrunner

If no one chimes in beforehand, I can get it for you when I get home Will, but it won't be till after 11:00pm.

The left hand hole is; 7 inches from front edge of inner fender, and 1-3/4 inches from inside of vertical outer edge....on a '70 GTX.

- - - Updated - - -

LMK if you need pics

Will, was looking at other threads and found on page 2 of members projects look at Jason's 69 GTX page 1. You will see 2 holes just before the upturn of the shock tower for the fender tag. Not sure if the factory ever put them in the exact same spot, but that should put you in the ballpark.

P6280001_zpse597fea2.gif
P6280003_zps826a3863.gif
P6280004_zpsf71f1a36.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back