• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag....what does it tell me?

Hemi 354

Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Guys,
I have a chance to purchase a 68 RR and this is the Fender tag. It is a 383 car with a 4 speed. Is this a real RR? What was the original color? Anything else you can tell me would be greatly appreciated. I haven't seen yet, but I did get this tag to share.

What should I look for when I lay my eyes on it?
68 RR .jpg

Thanks

I can't decode the tag, but that is one good looking piece of metal. Wish mine looked like that.

That is a roadrunner fender tag. EE1 is dark blue metallic exterior paint
21= 2 door coupe
712= build date July 12th
3.23 axle ratio I believe

Last edited:
That Fender tag if I am not mistaken id for a PP23 which would be a PLymouth Fury 2 door hard top. Premium

The first picture was a different tag.... WTF
lol

black interior

no limited slip axle

what engine/trans is 95?

68 RR 2 door post 383 4 speed 3.23 open
Dark blue metallic roof and body
Light blue upper door frame paint
Blue vinyl split bench seat interior
White pin stripe
7/12/68 Scheduled production date
F70-14 redline tires
Ordered car
Fender TS indicators
AM radio
Tinted windshield
Decor group
Sill molding
Drip rail molding
Manual door mirror

A pretty cool car! Remember that a $25 option was pretty expensive back then.

My fender tag was stolen so I have the doors wide open for whatever I want to do! Resale is down but I didn't even consider selling when the car was smashed up. A '68 roadrunner will always be bad *** no matter what the tag says!

Talking about a late build, that car has a scheduled production date of Friday, July 12th of 68. Possibly the last week of production for the 68 model year. Neat car!

Thanks guys. This is a COMPLETELY restored car and it is exactly as documented in each of your inputs. The cost right now is $42,500. In looking at others around the US, it appears to be priced accordingly. Here are some pics of this car.
68 RR back end.jpg
68 RR insise.jpg
68 RR under the car.jpg
68 RR engine.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back