• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag

tnfastback

Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
Looking at a 67 Belvedere that has no fender tag. How much does this affect price on a restored car?

Unless the car came with a 426 Hemi or 440 Six Pac, fender tag doesn’t mean squat in my book. However, to some it’s a deal breaker. What is YOUR opinion, that’s what counts.

A high option 383 4 barrel car could be worth a bit.

Can you tell easily what the options were?

...and the VIN will verify it's a 383-4 car, just not the options.

Documentation of original paint areas and mounting points could help.

LLC A high option 383 4 barrel car could be worth a bit.
Can you tell easily what the options were
A high option 383 4 barrel car could be worth a bit.

Can you tell easily what the options were?
The dash points toward it being a factory a/c car, which it still retains and works great. That would lead me to believe the ps & pb would also probably be factory. The car has been repainted a different shade of its color, but the trunk pan retains the original paint. Car is a nice driver priced in the mid 20’s. I think that maybe the tag missing is reflected in the price.

PB was very rare on all but high end cars.

Most Chargers, R/T's GTX's, Satellites, and 500's I've seen don't even have it.

PS is much more common on all but 225 and 273 cars.

AC is not terribly uncommon, but more common on Satellites and 500's than Belvedere's

Last edited:
Looking at a 67 Belvedere that has no fender tag. How much does this affect price on a restored car?
If you have proof of ownership, title you can send that information to the Chrysler Historical Society. They will send you information on the car, where sold, options etc. From that, Jon Gibbs can make a punch card, and possibly other people. There are places that repo fender tags.
I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase a 66-67 B body with out a fender tag as long as it was made in the USA.
The Historical Society does not have any records of Canadian built cars as far as I know.

Auto Transport Service
Back