• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Turn Signal Wiring

Davidrad

Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm having trouble getting the turn signals on the top of my Fender working properly. 1976 Coronet. The car was never meant to have them so I've hacked into the existing harness. They come on with the parking lights instead of just being turn signals. Anyone want to tell me which wires go where.

Hello All,

I'm having trouble getting the turn signals on the top of my Fender working properly. 1976 Coronet. The car was never meant to have them so I've hacked into the existing harness. They come on with the parking lights instead of just being turn signals. Anyone want to tell me which wires go where.
Check to see if you tapped into the tan colored turn signal wire and not the yellow wire. One is running light, and the tan is interrupt turn.

Light Green and Tan ( one to each side ) are the color wires coming from turning switch to front signals up to bulkhead. On older cars these become on black wire but traced with light green or tan on engine bay. Maybe on post 75 they keep the color coming from cab.

Auto Transport Service
Back