• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fighting tuff wheel adapter

popslavaz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
Any advice for fitting a abused tuff wheel adapter on a column?? Car came with a very nice oem tuff wheel and adapter. Someone tried to force it on and swelled the spline area up with a little ridge that you can feel with a finger.I carefully filed the ridge out and used a tiny file to clean and repair the splines.The old wheel goes on and off column splines great,but the tuff wheel adapter will not start on YET. If I had a spare column that I could cut the end off and use the male splines to make a tool to come in from back side to push through and broach the bad splines back in shape. What do you think?????? POPS

the only way to know if it will work or not is to try it.
I can tell you that the repop will give you the same troubles of fitting
so look for a original if you do have to replace it.

flypaper have you tried to use the re pop adapter? Has anyone used on with bad results? Thanks POPS

flypaper have you tried to use the re pop adapter? Has anyone used on with bad results? Thanks POPS

i have read a few complaints about it fitting.
that is enough to tell me to avoid it
or to at least expect some headaches when you get it.

Auto Transport Service
Back