• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Filler neck gromet/seal wanted.

Demonic

Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score
Are factory filler neck seals still out there? I just picked up a new tank for my Charger a few weeks ago, just need a new grommet. Are the aftermarket ones good - no leaks with an overfull tank?

Summit lists a bunch. Better to go with a quality piece so its the last time to deal with it.

Morgan,
For the past five to seven years, we have been producing a nitrile seal. This material is less susceptible to the issues with the newer fuels and rubber products.

You may also consider the 70 B-Body and 70-74 E-Body style grommet that has an extra shoulder to increase the sealing capabilities of the grommet.

Hope that this helps,
Richard

The gas tanks and seals or filler neck grommets that I have used have never cost more than $15. I have had no issues or problems with them. I will say I don't use ethanol fuels in any of them, so how they would react to ethanol, I don't know. @69bfan had the answer I would look for if I were using ethanol fuel.

The gas tanks and seals or filler neck grommets that I have used have never cost more than $15. I have had no issues or problems with them. I will say I don't use ethanol fuels in any of them, so how they would react to ethanol, I don't know. @69bfan had the answer I would look for if I were using ethanol fuel.

MUST one drop the tank on a B Body (Coronet) to install these? Pain in the ASSSSS!
Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back