• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally found a Super Bee, South Carolina to San Diego...

andrewwoz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
So I have been searching for a 69 super bee for a while now, ended up finding one in the town over from my parents in South Carolina. I flew out yesterday, saw the car last night and purchased it this morning. Me and a friend are going to drive it back to San Diego, 2300 miles, 50 yr old car, what could go wrong? We're going to leave Sunday and hopefully make it to CA Wednesday. The current plan is to take 20 to 22 and get on to i40. Google said i20/i10 was the fastest route but I have read that there are some really long stretches and people seem to prefer i40, only bumps us up an hour to 34hrs total. Hoping not to run into too many issues but if anyone is along that route and has spare parts/tools/a lift, I'll have cash/beer/pizza ready.

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 3.17.42 PM.png

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Should be epic trip
have fun, rowing gear across country in an old muscle car
cool choice by the way too

good luck

Sounds like something I would have been game for when I was 18, lol. Good luck, keep us posted how you are doing. Has the seller kept up maintaining the car that he feels it has a good chance of making the trip?

Last edited:
Love the car! Driving it back is definitely the plan, will make some lifetime memories I'm sure.

If you come down I 10 and need anything in southern NM...Let us know how it goes. Cool looking Bee, by the way.

What a great looking car and 4 spd with bench seats. Great score. When I was younger green was my least favorite Mopar color but now I think its so cool.
If the car hasn't been sitting for long and the PO kept it maintained then there's a real good chance you'll make the drive with little to no drama. This time of year heats not an issue so if the cooling system is functional that's one less worry.
Think about carrying some spare parts: ballast resistor, V belts; and basic hand tools. An assortment of zip ties can be a life saver.
Good luck on your trip and keep us posted.

Nice score on your 1969 SuperBee. It looks like a good solid car. The interior looks like it has been replaced. I bought a Super Bee new in 1969, and by the time it was 2 years old, the front seat stitching was coming apart. I would imagine you paid more for yours than I did for my new one ($3650). LOL
Make some good memories on the way home and let us know how you did.

I don't know why, but I think 4 speeds with bench seats are somehow cooler than with buckets. Gives out a sleeper vibe or something. Have a safe and fun trip.

Really looking forward to hearing how the trip goes for you. What an adventure. The curve balls thrown at you are what make the best memories. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sounds like a great time... Hopefully it goes just as planned... I tried a similar adventure a few months ago & it didn't work out as planned but the car hadn't run in years & had allot more problems than I anticipated... Cooler weather is gonna help, it was over 100 degrees when I tried it & the cooling system wasn't up to it..

Awesome! Looking forward to following the adventure! I drove a 70 340 Dart Swinger from San Diego to Maine towing a small u-haul with my tools and a couple 340 blocks with a bad back and spongy brakes and made it. You will too!

I had to take a trip and found out my American Family policy could have roadside for an additional 80 cents per month. I signed up.

WTG on the score! Let's hear more about the options your car comes with! Any under the hood shots? Keep us posted on your road trip & post pic's along the way!

Sounds like something I would have game for when I was 18, lol. Good luck, keep us posted how you are doing. Has the seller kept up maintaining the car that he feels it has a good chance of making the trip?
Previous owner is a great guy, he was fully confident it would make the trip, he said he has put about 6k miles on the car and has done quite a few longer trips.

If you come down I 10 and need anything in southern NM...Let us know how it goes. Cool looking Bee, by the way.
I appreciate it!!!

Nice score on your 1969 SuperBee. It looks like a good solid car. The interior looks like it has been replaced. I bought a Super Bee new in 1969, and by the time it was 2 years old, the front seat stitching was coming apart. I would imagine you paid more for yours than I did for my new one ($3650). LOL
Make some good memories on the way home and let us know how you did.
I'd agree that the seat covers look to have been replaced but if they were I think it was a while ago, the rest of the interior appears to be original. And yeah, this one cost around 8x that haha.

Sounds like a great time... Hopefully it goes just as planned... I tried a similar adventure a few months ago & it didn't work out as planned but the car hadn't run in years & had allot more problems than I anticipated... Cooler weather is gonna help, it was over 100 degrees when I tried it & the cooling system wasn't up to it..
Me and my friend are pretty mechanically inclined but totally new to mopars, bringing some extra parts and dont really have too tight of a schedule. I figure worst case it if it breaks and we can't fix it I'll buy a cheap truck and rent a uhaul trailer haha

WTG on the score! Let's hear more about the options your car comes with! Any under the hood shots? Keep us posted on your road trip & post pic's along the way!
Will get some more pics soon. It's a factory f8 n96 post car, 383 got swapped out at some point for a 440 with trickflow 240 heads, performer rpm intake, brawler 850, comp magnum cam, msd ignition, dougs headers, 3" exhaust, mcleod clutch, 3.55 gears. The bottoms of the rear 1/4s will need a little attention at some point but other than that just light surface rust under the car (no factory undercoating). I think I might put a slightly more mild hydraulic roller cam in it eventually and maybe a 5 speed with OD. I want to be able to drive it a lot and take it on more road trips.

you got that in my back yard, drive careful and have fun. :thumbsup:

Given how cold it's gonna be this week down this way, I'd be concerned about how well the heat works in it. :)

congrats.jpg and good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back