• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got around to this back burnered project compressor

YY1

Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
Several years ago I picked up this seemingly sturdy air compressor for the garage at home and/or as a backup to the big one in my shop.

It was $150 at a business/shop "garage sale".

It was VERY hard to find info on it and I still don't know the CFM rating.
I'm guessing it's around 10-12.
It has a true 3HP 240V motor and that pump looks pretty heavy duty and has heavy cooling fins.

When I first bought it it ran OK for about 2 months, then quit.
Well, last weekend was the time it came to the top of the list.

The power is controlled by that Telemechanique pressure switch and it's a bitch to get to the wire connections. It's an "auto" or "off" switch.
I could pull up the switch and it would come on, but only get to about 70 pounds then not come back on if I used the air up.

Turns out it was just horribly out of adjustment and once I found out what the screw on the big spring and the nut on the small spring did, it's back in business.

I now have it cutting on at 100 and off at 125, and it seems to be working correctly.

20210926_152431.jpg
20210926_152438.jpg

I'd like to slap whoever designed the final assembly on this, though.
In order to "correctly" remove the belt guard, the motor and the big pulley should come off.
WTF?
I cheated by cutting the plastic guard in two places.

I got some paint that's a pretty good match at Rural King.
The tank was made in the city I used to live in in the year I graduated high school.

Pretty good match on color, if a little bright.
Maybe a hair too much green.
Closest I could find.
Pretty close to Petty/Corporate blue.

20210927_181555.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back