• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got the CVF kit installed

tmaleck

Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
It took 4 weekends, but the CVF serpentine kit is finally done. Wrong spacers and bolts, mixed old and current kit parts etc. CVF customer service was helpful and responsive, so no complaints there. I like the way it turned out, now onto the next issue with the Edelbrock distributor not clearing the head.
cvf_complete_pulley covers_and belt.jpg

I am looking at near the same kit. 383 came with no brackets or pulleys so I don’t wanna play the mix and match game. When I order do I need to ask for a new kit or is it pretty much going to be back and forth with them. Good to hear that they were helpful, hope I have the same experience.

In talking with the tech, he said this was likely a one off deal, my kit had been a return and they used the old stuff and hardware packs to replace any missing parts without checking the assembly date. Once I had all the right stuff, assembly wasn't too bad. One note though, the instructions are good at getting the bracket and main accessories installed. They don't cover getting the crank pulley and spacer installed, and there are errors about bolt and spacer lengths. A basic idea of mechanics and close study of the pictures will get the job done. Feel free to ask if you get stuck on something, I'll try to help.
Tim

I bought the CVF kit as well. Really pleased with it. I used a motor plate and an ATI thick damper so I had to turn down the crank pulley spacer and get new bolts.
BF3012F0-2078-4D24-82C6-DEA5EF729ACA.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back