• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally...........

Joe Mopar

Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
Well when I bought my 64 Dodge 440 back in Jan. I really anticipated having it done this year and going to shows with it. Was I ever way off with that thought.

One thing or another has delayed me and I'm going into 23 wks. waiting for my gauges/bezels to be done. :confused: Supposedly they are on their way back to me.

The good news is the car has finally gone to the restoration shop for the body work and painting. The car will be painted black with possibly some gold in between the side moldings.

What do you all think of the gold?

Here's some **** and I'll be posting more as they progress with the work.

Dodge 440 going for body work 001.jpg

Dodge 440 going for body work 002.jpg

Dodge 440 going for body work 003.jpg

Dodge 440 going for body work 004.jpg

Dodge 440 going for body work 005.jpg

Dodge 440 going for body work 001.jpg

Dodge 440 going for body work 002.jpg

Dodge 440 going for body work 003.jpg

Dodge 440 going for body work 004.jpg

Dodge 440 going for body work 005.jpg

looking good .... i like the gold/bronze colors on our early B-bodies, gives a real nostalgic look !

Sweeeeet! Love these early b's! I like the idea of black with gold. Wanting to go with this also on my 63.

Thats a nice car you have and it sounds like it will looks awesome. :yes: Ron

Looks solid even before the body shop!Can I ask what year/width Dana you used in it?was the exhaust custom built or an aftermarket system?I think a bit of gold in the trim will work well.
Ron

www.northhillscycle.com

Sweeeetttt!!!!

Yeah it is a solid looking car, normally i'd ask if you were going with a red interior ( my preferance with black paint) But now i'm wondering if your going with a gold interior to tie in with the gold flash paint?

This is so awesome...looks like a real nice and solid car. Gold is a real good choice. Gives it a real classic look.

Are you planning to keep the black fade-out paint on the radiator support? Superstock cars wheren't "equiped" with that.

Like the gold/black combo. I did something similar with mine but the opposite. I based coated black then added gold ghost pearl to clear. The stripe in between body moulding I left black without the gold pearl. Mine's a 63.

new paint job.jpg

new paint job II.jpg

Man Joe, the 440 looks great even in the before shots! Haven't seen pics of your car in a while. Nice and clean underneath. It's strange even seeing it out of the garage I bet?

The gold stipe is a big decision... it will definetly be noticable and that's good or bad depending on your taste. Sometimes the roof painted another color looks great on these cars, could look nice in gold.

Can't wait to see it painted.

Man Joe, the 440 looks great even in the before shots! Haven't seen pics of your car in a while. Nice and clean underneath. It's strange even seeing it out of the garage I bet?

The gold stipe is a big decision... it will definetly be noticable and that's good or bad depending on your taste. Sometimes the roof painted another color looks great on these cars, could look nice in gold.

Can't wait to see it painted.

Jeff knowing that this car is not original and the color is being changed to Black........whats your gut feeling on how the gold between the trim will look?

I'm not trying to make it look gaughty, but the original car color did have a gold color there.:edgy:

Well a few more pics. of today's progress. Some "old timer" ( I mean old ) is working on the sheet metal work which needs to be replaced at the lower rear window. From what little I know it looks like he's doing a great job.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Tomorrow when they finish in this area they will try fitting the rear glass, then proceed.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Jeff knowing that this car is not original and the color is being changed to Black........whats your gut feeling on how the gold between the trim will look?

I'm not trying to make it look gaughty, but the original car color did have a gold color there.:edgy:

I hear you on it being a factory thing so it can't be all bad! I am sure it will look great with the gold and you don't see black and gold on these too often, in fact I can't remember seeing one before. Should look really neat with the gold interior.

I guess the gold stripe on black would be more apparent than gold on white which is what I am more used to seeing. Also there are a million shades of gold. My gut would say use the original shade or something darker if you like it better. Plus there are bluish golds, greenish, reddish etc. Know what I mean?

Here is a quick stab at it, might help you visualize it. The black one I tried to simulate the trim on the side because that will make a big difference by breaking up the all back.

joemopar.jpg

joemopar1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back