• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finding OEM part numbers?

greycharger

Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
Is there an online source to find OEM part numbers? I spent the morning looking for an online parts catalog to get the part numbers of the dual exhaust tailpipes for a 66, 67 B body (charger).

And, if you have part numbers and don't know the application, here is a great place to look it up:

http://dpmotorparts.com/toys_2.cfm

Len Dawson has a ton of NOS parts that he sells and nice prices too. I bought a complete set of NOS sidemarker bezels and reflectors for my 69 SuperBee before they were reproduced.

The "mymopar" website is going to be your best bet in viewing the factory parts manuals. If your going to be doing a lots of parts searching for that particular model year, you might want to invest in actually purchasing the parts manual. I would not suggest the computerized diskettes as they have some of the information missing. The 66 and 67 manuals are not that expensive as compared to the 70-71 manual.

If your hoping to find part numbers to locate NOS exhaust system parts, be forewarned that the parts will bring stupid pricing. Simple items like a pair of NOS assembly line 440 / Hemi muffler hangers can cost as much as a complete reproduction exhaust system.

One other bit of caution is that some items like exhaust, brake components, plug wires that were over the counter replacement parts will deviate from assembly line parts. Different zones / warehouses had different primary vendors for these parts. Even though they carry the same part number, you will find variations in the part.

Good luck with your search.

These are from original 1966 parts book for Coronet / Belvedere w/ single four barrel 383, #2781 327-8
with HEMI Auto trans. Lft. #2781 287 / Rt. #2781 286 These are the only numbers listed for 1966 dual exhaust V8 B body. Hope this helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back