• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fire in Paradise, CA

70,000+ acres now.

Oh for cryin out loud! Come on man! It's a sanctuary state with tons of people that HATE anything and everything about America, and will do anything and everything to destroy it. What is there to NOT understand? You really need to get out more and see what's happening!

Sooo, just who are these "tons of people that hate anything and everything about America?" Got some names?

I am fairly certain the wind doesn't stop once it arrives at the County Line. :D
That wasn't the point... Santa Ana are primarily Southern California and down towards Baja, which is a long way from north of Sacramento. I would imagine that wind dies down after a certain point due to atmospheric pressures and differences in geographical area.

Just saw NBC Los Angeles interviewing Eddie Money as he evacuates as Malibu burns down!

Speaking of wind...I live in the hills where the wind speed is always highest around here. We've been having red-flag warnings for months. The night last year's fire started my drapes (heavy tapestry type) were horizontal in the MB.
Here is a graph showing it:
4AA20E63-4DB9-4749-AEBF-93A00771FAE2.png

In a way, living out there is akin to living along the Gulf Coast and Eastern seaboard where there's the risk of a hurricane wiping somebody out, except out there it's the dry, tinder-like environment fanned by high winds...and aided by an arsonist's match, a cigarette butt thrown out the window, a lightning strike, etc.. Be as safe as possible. Don't take any chances.

Last edited:
Speaking of wind...I live in the hills where the wind speed is always highest around here. We've been having red-flag warnings for months. The night last year's fire started my drapes (heavy tapestry type) were horizontal in the MB.
Here is a graph showing it:
View attachment 677484
Screw that. I'd move.

Those fires are awful to see as they are uncontrollable, spreading 360 degrees. I feel awful for the victims having everything and Losing everything in minutes. It's up to nine people that have already lost thier lives. Not to mention all the wildlife. The loss of landscape will make for new problems when it starts raining again. Stay safe to all member who are with-in 75 miles of this massive fire as it can spread any direction quickly and block your path to safety....

Who is nearby to recommend a good donation target? Local or nearby shelter, or someone or somewhere that supports responder efforts. NOT the Red Cross.

100,000 acres, 9 dead & this TACKY, OFFENSIVE advertisement that wouldn't GO AWAY on SacBee site.
Someone should screen/pull inappropriate things like this.
Mammonites!
C2C1741D-EB6D-4F54-B216-CE52BA3DCB0B.png

FC9E98CA-F63B-45D4-9628-A4D11C4EC077.png

Last edited:
Dennis, most all of Cal Fire is made up of local fireman from around the state and surrounding states when these grass fires come up several men from all local jurisdiction's volunteer to head out and fight. For the Camp fire you will want to contact Chief Kurt McCray
(707) 725-4413
Here is a link to Humboldt's Station you can keep up with what's going on with real stats. http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents

Who is nearby to recommend a good donation target? Local or nearby shelter, or someone or somewhere that supports responder efforts. NOT the Red Cross.
In my opinion, the Salvation Army is excellent.

In my opinion, the Salvation Army is excellent.
Agreed. Last year My wife and I did research to find a place that that GIVES stuff to families verses selling it cheaply. We went with Salvation Army. We had given an entire 8ft bed stacked to the rear cab window of Nice clothes, jackets and shoes from infant to 10 years old from our 2 boys. My wife kept a few sentimental items and the rest all went to fire victim families in the area. When we got there a guy said the container was out back. After seeing the small opening I went and asked if he could open the whole side door and explained why. He came out and couldn't believe when he saw how much was there. He was so excited to see the variety and quality of it all. Made us feel great seeing how excited he was to get it and knowing where it was going....

In a way, living out there is akin to living along the Gulf Coast and Eastern seaboard where there's the risk of a hurricane wiping somebody out, except out there it's the dry, tinder-like environment fanned by high winds...and aided by an arsonist's match, a cigarette butt thrown out the window, a lightning strike, etc.. Be as safe as possible. Don't take any chances.
Think I'd rather be on the Gulf Coast in hurricane ally than be in the line of fire! If you track a hurricane closely and live in an area that's not prone to flooding, you have a pretty decent chance of surviving but if you watch close, you can at least leave. Leaving early is a lot better than leaving when everyone else is leaving but just waiting until as late as you can is what I've experience to be the best bet. Most times you don't have to leave and so far so good with where I'm located for the last 34 years but yeah, I'm kinda wary of having to pay close attention and worrying about it year after year. Moving is a bitch and then you are moving into the unknown and really have to do some homework. I pray for the families that have lost loved ones in this mess and pray that no one else's lives are lost to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back