• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

firewall insulation

ord27

Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
has anyone put the dynamat stuff on the firewall. Did you also use the stock type of stuff?

both?
one or the other?

I'm wondering if the thicker stuff (especially if using both) would interfer with ac/heater box and/or wiper arms

Why would you use both ???? That would be like wearing a belt and suspenders!

Why would you use both ???? That would be like wearing a belt and suspenders!
NLSPBC.jpg

okay okay.
so no opinions on which material to use?

okay okay.
so no opinions on which material to use?
Dynamat or HushMat. I have used both a long time ago. I liked the HushMat a little better. They both have good products, and new products from when I last used them. I will probably go with one of them instead of the OEM stuff when I put my car back together. My preference is to update to better products when given I can, especially when nobody can actually see it.

Last edited:
I have the original factory floor insulation and random thick pieces that are above the drivers feet on the fire wall. I did however add extra floor and fire wall insulation higher up on the drivers side and under the front seats where there never was any factory floor insulation. ( I used the black with foil sticky its about 1/8 inch thick. I also added thick sheet 1/4 inch foam insulation in the rear under the seat and added some jute to the wheel wells, and behind the rear seat area near the tail pipes area that goes over the axels, inside of course. It is exactly like the foam pipe insulation for hot water pipes and cold water pipes you see in industry only a large sheet I cut up to fit stick on one side. When I was working on this part it was cooler out I ran the car for heat and noticed after I shut it off the rear floor board under the seat was very hot above the mufflers. After adding the insulation it was still warm! so added an extra layer there. the rear bottom seat was a little challenge to install but it went in and it will press into the new insulation. I expect a good improvement for heat and sound when I drive her soon, still cold here. I also installed new kick panel insulation replaced the 45 year old stuff, cleaned up some rust, added some sound deadner from a can where the factory missed on the drivers side, the pass side was done, imagine that. The reproduction pieces are very good, they fit perfect.

Auto Transport Service
Back