• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firewood...

1967coronet440

Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
Mother Nature gave me some fire wood for the winter. Walk out this morning to this....

7746EEE3-36C7-4591-B6BC-B72E107ECBA3.jpeg

Coulda, woulda, shoulda,

I took 3 down last year never got to this one. Mother Nature forced the issue

Was that a White Ash ? We've been devastated by the "Emerald Ash Boar" here in Western NY. I had 14 trees treated last year to try and keep some healthy so they could re-seed after this plague moves on. Plenty of ash available here for firewood too... Just saw your new info.

Was that a White Ash ? We've been devastated by the "Emerald Ash Boar" here in Western NY. I had 14 trees treated last year to try and keep some healthy so they could re-seed after this plague moves on. Plenty of ash available here for firewood too... Just saw your new info.
Yup, I had 13 on my property. 4 are dead now. 2 we’re dying then bloomed again this year.

Here’s one of the stumps from the tree I took down last year, looks pretty cool so I saved it.

02FDE048-5A6B-40E3-915F-152704B3466F.jpeg

Here’s one of the stumps from the tree I took down last year, looks pretty cool so I saved it.

View attachment 656498
That's the Ash Boar for sure. I work in the sawmill industry, there's actually quarentee'd area's where we have to make sure all of the bark is scraped off before we can even ship the lumber to keep them from spreading.

Most of the Ash we cut now is already dead before it's even cut down, won't be long before it's gone. They dwell in the bark like you see in your picture but typically do zero damage to the actual wood itself they just kill the tree then rot sets in.

And some fence planks for kindling I see!

Hate it when that happens. There's a pretty big pine out back that needs to come down but at least it isn't dead...yet.

Ash borer yup. Had to get one cut down last year,40-50’ tall & beautiful. There’s still 2 50’ pin oaks real close so the frt yard is good.

******* insurance only wants to give me 300 bucks after deductible which was 1000

Auto Transport Service
Back