• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firing issues need help

@justin

Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1967 Plymouth belvedere 2. I just installed a fuel injected 360 magnum to replace my old worn carbureted 318. I hooked up my old starter wires from my old motor to the new just to see if it would turn over but nothing happened, I didn't have the computer hooked to the harness at the time so i wouldnt burn it up should it still turn over with out the computer hooked up. I'm confused some say it should fire right up some say I may need to rewire the whole car. Can someone give me some useful advice.

Wow....OK, start at square #1. Do you have 12V going to the starter from the relay with the key in "start"? Do you have a constant 12V on the main cable? Does the starter have a GOOD ground?

I got it to turn over, there is a wire that plugged into the starter that runs up beside my power wire that i touched to my battery and it turned right over, still doesnt turn with key tho

Auto Transport Service
Back